welding crank arms

Al/Archives,
My chain runs over the horseshoe frame. Have used this spring tensioner with both 44t ans 32t on this bike.
The tensioner is pretty much invisable(hidden).
1K mi. w/no problems.
Of course I'm talking (stingray only builds).

Attachments

• Img0073.JPG
    Img0073.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 266
  • Img0068.JPG
    Img0068.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 271
  • DSCN2323.JPG
    DSCN2323.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 249
Archives1,
Is this the turn signal you use?

PS: If you look close you can see the pull start crank extension.

Attachments

• DSCN2260.JPG
    DSCN2260.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 250
  • DSCN2262.JPG
    DSCN2262.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 250
  • DSCN2257.JPG
    DSCN2257.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Al/Archives,
My chain runs over the horseshoe frame. Have used this spring tensioner with both 44t ans 32t on this bike.
The tensioner is pretty much invisable(hidden).
1K mi. w/no problems.
Of course I'm talking (stingray only builds).

I see I'm gonna hoist mine back up to bench top level and take another look to see if I can do this on mine. That is if the one I have doesn't work well.

Jim, after seeing your spring action seat I took a pic of mine. The seat is from a Harley Sportster I think, not sure. Buddy said it was a Solo seat. I still have some painting to do and there will be a shroud that goes under the seat to cover some of that metal works, it will be formed to follow the contours of the seat and will have the rivets along the bottom of the shroud.

Attachments

• 100_0776.jpg
    100_0776.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 249
Archives1,
Is this the turn signal you use?

PS: If you look close you can see the pull start crank extension.

It looks very similar to mine and seems to work the same way. You have the break light on that one hooked up?
mine will be mounted at the bottom rear of the seat and attatched to the pipe that supports the seat springs. the mounting bar will go thru the planned shroud. Mine will not move as the seat bounces my fat fanny around.

Archives1,
Looks like it will outlast mine, and no problem with dogs chasing you to get the tennis balls!

Yes the brake light functions(somewhat). The bellows type switch fails after a while. Replaced it once and new one is starting to go.
Purchased a mini micro sw that will operate off the dual brake lever.
Houghmade on this board made a really great brake sw. Mine will not be as good as his however, you will have a hard time seeing it!

Archives1,
Looks like it will outlast mine, and no problem with dogs chasing you to get the tennis balls!
When I ride my other bikes I carry a old five foot fiberglass fishing rod with me. Dogs that chase quickly learn the sting of a bicycle riding crop. A few whacks with that and they don't get close to me anymore. There was one pit bull up at the summer place that wouldn't give up and he went for my legs rather than the tires like other dogs did. He was mysteriously shot at just about dark one evening this fall. No one knows who the shooter was.... Personally I'd prefer to confine the dog and shoot the dog's owner.

Yes the brake light functions(somewhat). The bellows type switch fails after a while. Replaced it once and new one is starting to go.
Purchased a mini micro sw that will operate off the dual brake lever.
Houghmade on this board made a really great brake sw. Mine will not be as good as his however, you will have a hard time seeing it!

Great minds think alike, I was looking at microswitches for that same purpose today. I used one on my garage door to turn on a light in the house when the door is open. Can't see the door from the kitchen window..had one of those electronic things that attached to the door and sent a signal when the tilt switch was tipped in a horizontal plane. It kept giving me false signals, sometimes showed the door open when it was closed and vice versa. Every time a squad car or other radio equiped vehicle went past the thing went nuts sending false signals. The mechanical one seems to be very reliable until the bulb burns out.

Back