realistic gas mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
It don't matter how wrong-headed it is, darn it, we've been doing things this way for two hundred years. It ought to be good enough for the next million. (Or until every car, TV, nut, bolt, and wrench, is made somewhere that uses metric). Hmmm...

Hough,
that is close but I calculate it to 22 varas per dram which is a little over a league per dram.

Metric vs Imperial

I believe that's 3.7 liters per gallon the last time I checked...lmao. My tank holds one pint, which is 1/8 of a gallon. The rest is pretty easy, (If ya got a calculator..lmao) Also I believe the original post was refering to "miles per gallon". :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gear Heads and IT Nerds are cousins, I swear often,
the humour has the same abrasive quality...:cool:

indeed we are,

I'm into PC's and Engines, they are essentially both machines. Both of which gives us types the thrill and enjoyment of teaking for greater power and performance :D

It don't matter how wrong-headed it is, darn it, we've been doing things this way for two hundred years. It ought to be good enough for the next million. (Or until every car, TV, nut, bolt, and wrench, is made somewhere that uses metric). Hmmm...

you just had to say that out loud didn't ya.............................................

Back to the topic, on my trike, changing to a Mikuni carb dropped my mileage down to about 120mpg. I think I'm going to change back to the Happy time style carb that came with the Lifan. It has plenty of power anyway. I think I was getting close to 150 mpg with the smaller carb.

Rider weight 175, Bike weight 50, Terrain Appalachian foothills

I still have 2 of the old 25cc GEBE Zenoahs, and on the 22 oz. tank with highway gear, I could go 40-42 miles, about 230 mpg.

On my Tanaka 33 with highway gear, the 22 oz. tank gets me between 20-22 miles, so that would be about 150+ mpg, throttle running wide open.

I'm still breaking in the Robin/Subaru 35 on the recumbent, waiting till I hit 500 miles to change the drive gear from normal to highway.

But I do know it ALWAYS costs me .09 cents to get 6-8 miles, to the 2 nearest Standard stations, at Rainbow Crossing and Holly Pond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back