Rear mounted engine on mountain bike

Here are some pictures of a rear mounted Chinese engine on a Walmart Mongoose double suspension bike. I used aluminum angle and the only tough part was the muffler extension. The cables needed to be replaced with longer ones. The ride is very smooth as you can imagine and after numerous tweaks to get it right, I am very pleased. I originally tried using rubber vibration isolators - Big mistake, it caused the chain to jamb and a sudden stop! Experience is a great teacher.

Attachments

• CIMG0600.jpg
    CIMG0600.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 10,605
  • CIMG0601.jpg
    CIMG0601.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 4,061
  • CIMG0602.jpg
    CIMG0602.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,997
  • CIMG0604.jpg
    CIMG0604.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 2,051
  • CIMG0605.jpg
    CIMG0605.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 2,083
Thanks Rick, Figureing out how to get fuel to her and getting a throttle set up will slow me down a bit. But I should have her ready to peddle just to check it out in a couple days.

Yes Lazie Boy I did anything you see from welding the steel subframe to cutting, shapeing and laying out and drilling the alum. flange bearing mount plates I believe you are speaking of. Thank you for checking it out. I will have it mostly together within a couple of days. I can weld steel only right now. Just have a little 110volt Harbor Frieght welder. Good enough for making bicycles though. And limited stick welding experience 20 years ago. This wire feed welding is another animal. At least with this cheap welder it is:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Where are the pics I uploaded today ?? I uploaded some pics of the very near finished rear rack/jack shaft mount on the swing arm on this site about 3 or 4 hours ago ?? Sorry guys, I thought there were some new (today) pics on here of my progress !

Dave Man, I am lost here. I answer a question on my thread and it looks fine. Then I answer an email response from the site and Im taken to a different place talking to a different set of Dudes about the same thread. What is this Twilight Zone or Motoredbikes.com ?:whistle: :eek:

Last edited:
Back