Rear wheel pulled/wedged into “engine side” chainstay

neilhm

Local time
9:19 PM
I put a new tire on my rear wheel and was trying to get it mounted today. I went out for a short ride and my rear wheel has pulled completely out of alignment and wedged into the engine-side chainstay. Was this likely just an issue of not tightening down the axle nuts enough? In hindsight I might not have cranked down very hard when tightening everything. Any advice on centering the rear wheel? Thank you all.

I put a new tire on my rear wheel and was trying to get it mounted today. I went out for a short ride and my rear wheel has pulled completely out of alignment and wedged into the engine-side chainstay. Was this likely just an issue of not tightening down the axle nuts enough? In hindsight I might not have cranked down very hard when tightening everything. Any advice on centering the rear wheel? Thank you all.
Make sure you always tighten your axle nuts to: two foot pounds. Your left foot and right foot.

Yes is seems your axle was not tight enough.

I use a small milwaukee impact driver with 3/8 hex drive adapter for sockets, 3 ugga duggas.
Steel axel, steel nuts, steel frame, it can take it.

Back