Riding Conditions

CENTURION

Local time
11:55 AM
I know some of you have record heat in the triple digits, its rained some here, and we are getting the smoke haze again. All-in-all not bad conditions today, went out for an 18 mile ride, mixed urban,trails, back roads, kind of a weird sunny overcast vibe.

Attachments

• Riding Conditions.jpg
    Riding Conditions.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 65
Lil toasty here today, sweltering!
clear.png

Sunny
feels like 83°

85° / 58°

This has been the mildest summer we have had here in many years. high temp today was just 84F. The girlfriend and I went for a walk around lake Zorinsky and enjoyed the5-10mph breeze blowing across the lake that cooled the air down. Same weird smoke haze overcast here as well that was just enough to take the bite out of the full sun.

I would have liked to have done a bike ride with her. Not sure I can convince her of building a motorized bike, but we have both been interested in ebikes, an most of the state and city lakes don't allow any sort of ICE powered vehicles. At the very least she does have a bike to ride, but it needs to be dug out from the abyss that is her garage.

I built my wife a 250W front hub motor bike a few years ago, she loves it, it's simple, just turn it on, and squeeze the pressure switch on the handlebar and go. They have a built-in safety and won't bolt away from a standstill as well. It only added about 7 lbs to the bike,

Attachments

• schwinn.jpg
    schwinn.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 61
20 years ago, it would hit the 80s or 90s in March and remain that way - with the occasional 100+ days - into October.
This year, morning temps were still in the 40s in early June.
Greta Thunberg better ask for a refund for all the bs they sold her.

20 years ago, it would hit the 80s or 90s in March and remain that way - with the occasional 100+ days - into October.
This year, morning temps were still in the 40s in early June.
Greta Thunberg better ask for a refund for all the bs they sold her.
Hotter than hell, like normal here in Alamogordo...It's 9 AM and it is already 95 degrees with 24% humidity and it just keeps going up till about 6 PM...

Back