Riding Conditions

Regretting your choice yet? lol
When I retired in Nov. 2010, I told everyone that when I moved, because I hate the hot climates, that I would probably not go any further south than Nome, Alaska...lol...Well, this was the cheapest to live area of the country to move to...I still get phone calls from friends back east and they always start out with, "How's that weather in Nome treating you these days???"...lol...lol.

Couple months I'll be doing this again, I hated cold weather until I started riding fat bikes in it, I hate to say it, but i kinda miss it in the summer. I wish there was a simpler way of mounting a 2 stroke to a fat bike besides a jack shaft, it would open a whole new winter sport for me.

Attachments

• SNOWDAYS.jpg
    SNOWDAYS.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 50
Couple months I'll be doing this again, I hated cold weather until I started riding fat bikes in it, I hate to say it, but i kinda miss it in the summer. I wish there was a simpler way of mounting a 2 stroke to a fat bike besides a jack shaft, it would open a whole new winter sport for me.
I think a four stroke would do better in the winter. Those you can get adjustable mounts for, but four-strokes are kinda.big for most fat bike frames

Offset rear rack mount?

When I first retired in Nov. 2010, I told everyone that when I moved, because I hate the hot climates, that I would probably not go any further south than Nome, Alaska...lol...Well, this was the cheapest to live area of the country to move to...I still get phone calls from friends back east and they always start out with, "How's that weather in Nome treating you these days???"...lol...lol.
It's ok, in 4 or 5 months you can ask me how the weather is and the tables will have turned

My winter ride has a track and two skis. Of course I have 3m of snow.

Not only hotter than hell today, it IS hell...Temp right now here in Alamogordo, at least in my yard with thermometer in the shade, what there is of it, just hit the highest temp this year thus far at 6:20 PM, MDT 110 degrees Farenheit, 43.22 degrees Celsius.

Even my four core CPU on my computer only gets up to 100.4 degrees Farenheit, 38 degrees Celsius...lol.

NO riding around here today...Or tonight either...lol.

Centurion, check this if it will help you.

Back