Rotary tool

I dug up a couple of things from Amazon.

This is the similar one to the NAPA tool. Just a different color, but look at the comments.

Here is a smaller 3mm 90 degree die grinder.

This is probably the moat affordable option. Just be aware that patience is required if using 3mm bits. Basically the same as the dental tools. It would probably run on a small compressor without issue, and the price isn't too bad. Same one can be found on ebay for 40 to 50 bucks too.

In either tools case, short shanks are going to be needed if you really want to get into the upper transfers. The heads are small enough, but also still relatively big for the 45 to 50mm bore of most of these engines.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I just got mine in today. Gave it a hasty test before I had to leave for work, and it held on to my 1/8" shank burrs just fine. From what I understand they have to be 1/8" or 6.3mm. If they are 6mm shanks, common with many cheaper bits, it won't grab well. I have also seen another brand with this same issue on Amazon, and it looks to be the same tool (probably is). Several reviews stated that they lightly modified the collet and then it could grab the 6mm stuff as well.
Now that’s rad

Back