Rotary tool

The most common tool used for reaching into cylinders is a dental drills as you can get them relatively cheaply from china and they are all over ebay. They are small and easily fit in the spaces requires. The only potential downside is the bits need to also be small, so it takes a measure of patience to get the result desired. On the plus side,that also means it's a lot harder to screw up.
An example here.

Another option that is a bit more expensive is a right angle pencil die grinder. Normally priced around 170-200 bucks, but Napa has one on sale for just $45 Napa grinder ( just bought one because that deal is just too good to pass up.)

Obviously, you will need a compressor to un it as it is a pneumatic tool.

There are also electric right angle mini drills out there, similar in size to the pencil grinder, but more expensive and a bit more clunky. Most of these are around $300 and go up from there. They come in electric and pneumatic.
This is a pneumatic example.
I ordered on. I hope some of the reviews about the chuck / Collet are not true.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Little compressors like that can have trouble keeping up with a rotary tool
I believe the specs on the tool is only one cfm.

Brand Carlyle
Speed 70,000 rpm
Unit Type Right Angle Pencil Die Grinder
Maximum RPM 70,000 RPM
CFM Rating 1 cfm
Manufacturer Carlyle Tools
Manufacturer Part Number 6-1014
Working Air Pressure 90 PSI
Sub Brand Professional
VMRS Code 053006060
Hose Size 3/8" I.D.
Spindle Size 1/8 in.

I believe the specs on the tool is only one cfm.

Brand Carlyle
Speed 70,000 rpm
Unit Type Right Angle Pencil Die Grinder
Maximum RPM 70,000 RPM
CFM Rating 1 cfm
Manufacturer Carlyle Tools
Manufacturer Part Number 6-1014
Working Air Pressure 90 PSI
Sub Brand Professional
VMRS Code 053006060
Hose Size 3/8" I.D.
Spindle Size 1/8 in.
I say this because my 9gal compressor has trouble keeping up with on. It's probably because my "rotary tool" is a die grinder 😆

Big difference in the two tools. I have a die grinder and a 2CFM only spins full speed for 20 seconds before it slows dow
I mean even that would be enough for me I am patient person anyway and if I really need to I am sure my grandpa would let me borrow his industrial compressor that’s used for roofing

I ordered on. I hope some of the reviews about the chuck / Collet are not true.
I just got mine in today. Gave it a hasty test before I had to leave for work, and it held on to my 1/8" shank burrs just fine. From what I understand they have to be 1/8" or 6.3mm. If they are 6mm shanks, common with many cheaper bits, it won't grab well. I have also seen another brand with this same issue on Amazon, and it looks to be the same tool (probably is). Several reviews stated that they lightly modified the collet and then it could grab the 6mm stuff as well.

Back