RS-68 Selling Stuff?

RS 68 is the greatest development for motorized bicycles. Simply put it keeps riders legal and it clears up all of the issues that existed before. If you need a receipt for the bike get someone to write you a bill of sale for a used bike and include the serial number. If you need a receipt for your motor do the same. After all you had to buy it from some one. Same goes for the lights. OR get a receipt for a USED motorized bike fully equipped to pass RS 68 requirements. ONE RECEIPT. And stop complaining it is not the end of Freedom in America.

RS-68 is the worst thing for MB's. Keep the government out.

RS-68 is the worst thing for MB's. Keep the government out.

Amen brother.

Our rights are not given to us by the government.

The U.S. Constitution 10 Bill of Rights do not give us any rights.

The U.S. Constitution 10 Bill of Rights limits the government in interferng with our rights.

Do you need government approval for any right? No.

Do you need government approval for any privilege? Yes, because if you exercise a privilege, you are in commerce,

Example:

What Is A Business Privilege License?
A business privilege license allows officials to know who is conducting business in the city, as well as the location and type of business. This assists City officials to make sure that a business is located in an area that is properly zoned, as well as ensuring that the business has adequate access to basic City services. Business owners doing business within the limits of the City of Durham are subject to the business privilege license requirements set forth in the City's Code of Ordinances. The North Carolina General Assembly through schedule B of the Revenue Act and the City of Durham through its City Code have authorized this requirement. For assistance in determining your business license requirements, e-mail or call (919) 560-4700.

Do you need a privilege license to travel on your motorized bicycle?

Here's what I've gleaned.
1) Overpopulation leads to crap laws that don't further anything.
2) Americans are frogs in the process of a slow boil.
3) Florida sucks

Here's what I've gleaned.
1) Overpopulation leads to crap laws that don't further anything.
2) Americans are frogs in the process of a slow boil.
3) Florida sucks

Frogs! Wake up!

I am in shorts, sandals, and a T shirt.

Florida is not too shabby, better than shoveling snow and scraping windshields.

I'll take cold weather, four seasons, and no interference with the law any day over, south of Austin, and east of the Mississippi.
My bike has no windshield ( I don't drive cars), the one with the fairing, well I look over the fairing,
there's nothing like riding in below zero temps.

I'll take cold weather, four seasons, and no interference with the law any day over, south of Austin, and east of the Mississippi.
My bike has no windshield ( I don't drive cars), the one with the fairing, well I look over the fairing,
there's nothing like riding in below zero temps.

I am glad that you like where you live.

We have a bumper sticker here in South Florida "When you go North, take someone with you".

I am glad that you like where you live.

We have a bumper sticker here in South Florida "When you go North, take someone with you".

And that solidifies my thoughts, "take someone with you" because we're too overpopulated, leads to silliness like rs68.
I was just jabbing you, hope the humidity doesn't
negatively effect the sense of humor.

People like Gene is one reason this RS68 exists....now hundreds are out of MB's cause of RS68

People like Gene is one reason this RS68 exists....now hundreds are out of MB's cause of RS68

Response was to: 1) Overpopulation leads to crap laws that don't further anything.

BUT!!!! RS-68 is OK because it was written for Motorized Bicycles classified and as Motor Vehicles and operated by Drivers who are paid for transporting cargo or people. If your motorized bicycle does not fit into this category, there are no regulation requirements.

I won't comment on Florida, but I will comment on an American mentality that frustrates me to no end. Americans simply do not want to promote cheap and efficient transportation for the people. One is expected to embrace "car above all" culture, and all attempts to confront this ridiculous system are always met with disdain. Even the vast majority of motorcycle riders treat their vehicles as little more than toys: big, inefficient, and allow them to sit in the garage while they drive their real vehicles to work.

These petty regulations are made along this line. They do nothing to make our dangerous roads safer (that would take serious work!). They do nothing to promote efficient transit. They are punitive measures designed to make it so only cars and trucks can use the roads. The problem is that driving sucks and it is expensive. The reaction is to work to make it where every other form of travel sucks, too.

Timbone

Back