Runs like crap

I'm going to be the bad guy/voice of reason here.

Your problem is simple. You are trying to run a PWK24 carb on a 66cc cylinder with standard porting.

To put this in car terms, you just slapped a 1000cfm race carb on a 289.

Step down your carb game.
It came with a different cylinder I'll try that one and see it has different ports I seen it had some porosity so I didn't use it

Figured when he said standard porting I would have to port my cylinder to get the carb to run right I kind of have to use this carb winter almost here
I get you're limited, but I am just letting you know that you are in for a fight to get that thing to run right, and once you do the weather will change and you will have to mess with it again. Too-big carbs are super sensitive to changes in DA.

Our P-85s would also run like crap with such a huge carby strapped to it...That carb is overkill for a China Girl motor.
The original founder of the Phantom FB group runs a TM24 on his with his KTM pipe. It runs pretty good, but even he admits it is probably a hair on the big side. Without the pipe and RPM's he runs, it would defniitely be too big.

I get you're limited, but I am just letting you know that you are in for a fight to get that thing to run right, and once you do the weather will change and you will have to mess with it again. Too-big carbs are super sensitive to changes in DA.
Our P-85s would also run like crap with such a huge carby strapped to it...That carb is overkill for a China Girl motor.
You know on race day you never let them beat you with carb.

Drop the needle all the way down and crank the mixture screw all the way in and try again.

Back