RWJ WALBRO CLONE CARB ON SALE!!! $14 BUCKS!!!

My stock 61 puts 4.1 hp. 61.5cc
Nothing like raw power in ones hands to brighten the day. What's the biggest saw you ever took on? You ever use one of them 12 foot, I don't even know how big they get. I know I seen one that was so big it took one guy on each end to use. Was some big trees. lol

They now have Wal-Bro 174 carb clones really cheap. Even better they have adjusting screws. The $70+ Wal-Bro 174 only had an idle adjusting screw. Nothing else was adjustable on it. The two clones I got for less than $12 each. Besides the idle screw they also have a high low adjusting screw.

20211025_220028~2.jpg

Idle screw

20211025_220125~2.jpg

High adjusting screw

20211025_220042~6.jpg

The low adjusting screw in under the black plug

20211025_221554~3.jpg

By removing my bicycle chain I can use my techometer to adjust my high screw to max rpm at wide open throttle. Then I can adjust the low screw to max rpm at no throttle. Once I reach max rpm on the low side I adjust slightly under max low rpm favoring the rich side. Last of all then I can adjust the idle rpm to 3000 for the RS 35 engine. I now carry a spare tuned carburetor with me.

Nothing like raw power in ones hands to brighten the day. What's the biggest saw you ever took on? You ever use one of them 12 foot, I don't even know how big they get. I know I seen one that was so big it took one guy on each end to use. Was some big trees. lol
At the mill it was a Stihl 061, I think it was 90cc with a 3' bar. Used to trim the ends off the drying stacks before they go in the kiln.
Too big for me now, that was 20 years ago or more. Big saws have a skip tooth chain, I like full chisel. 20" or under are all full chisel chain, unless you custom make a long chain.

Thanks @Chainlube I really didnt need to see them videos, now I'm going to have my chainsaws torn apart. Them guys do some coolđź’© they really had a good video on the degree wheel & port timing. Good stuff! Lol, But bad for me being a gearhead.

Sounds like your still on topic, saw carbs do go on saws. lol
Sorry guys for getting off of topic. I appreciate the info I've gained over it thou.
At the mill it was a Stihl 061, I think it was 90cc with a 3' bar. Used to trim the ends off the drying stacks before they go in the kiln.
Too big for me now, that was 20 years ago or more. Big saws have a skip tooth chain, I like full chisel. 20" or under are all full chisel chain, unless you custom make a long chain.
I never used one, but I heard the skip tooth will get ya hurt. Whats the difference between the chain on my little saw and a skip tooth? What kind of action, etc.

The chain on mine seems to do pretty good. Only really jams if it's pinched or I over work the saw.

I run a skip tooth chain on my stihl ms390, with a full chisel tooth. They sure cut! I recently just bought a carbide tipped chainsaw chain, but I havent got to use it yet. Outdoor demo I did with said chain made me a believer on carbide tipped chains.

Kickback is more prevalent with skiptooth chain, but that's all my dad used & I was raised using them. Your saw needs tuned good or bar down a size if not a strong runner. Lol everytime I buy a new saw, say with a 30" bar. I'll bar it down to a 20"-24" bar. Makes the saw lighter & saves alot on wear & tear on the saw. Stihl came out with some type of titanium bar they call they (Lite) bar. They are awesome, but expensive & knock off tons of weight.

Sounds like your still on topic, saw carbs do go on saws. lol

The chain on mine seems to do pretty good. Only really jams if it's pinched or I over work the saw.
You probably have a semi chisel chain on your little homeowner/arborist saw, low kick back and easier to file.
Long bars balance out big saws, if you toss it on your shoulder and it feels like the weight is on the very top, then it's pretty balanced. I like the 20" on Oregon bar, it's the right length for the wood I cut now.

You probably have a semi chisel chain on your little homeowner/arborist saw, low kick back and easier to file.
Long bars balance out big saws, if you toss it on your shoulder and it feels like the weight is on the very top, then it's pretty balanced. I like the 20" on Oregon bar, it's the right length for the wood I cut now.
I have whatever came with it. Lol. I don't use it like I used to. I went with a lawn Joe electric. Not to bad a saw really, for what it is. I know the chain is a cheaper one, but with my usage it's still sharp. Would a skip tooth cut faster on this saw? Would it be safe if so? It's not a very big saw. Maybe 16- 18 inch. Would have to look to see to be sure. Only bad thing is no 2stroke hum or smell. Lol.

Back