Safety Safety & Maintainence Tips from MB.c's Members

drimpact said:
Everything I have seen in this topic is right on!

I only want to add, as a former professional bicycle assembler, is most of our bikes were not designed for the speed and stress that a motor adds. Careful inspection of the bicycle components is just as important to safety as inspecting our engines for loose bolts and screws.

Wheel nuts, pedals, seat post clamps, stems, and handle bars are all susceptible to becoming loose from the vibration of our happy times engine. You have not lived till a pedal or front wheel comes off at 30MPH, and you might not live after. So check everything before every ride.

I am a MoteredBike-aholic, and proud of it, but I never motor without my brain bucket!
yeah...what he said !!! :D (I really need to wear my helmet, I just wish it wasn't so darn warm in it))

Never go against the grain of the administration..... :(
Understand and obey.
Do as you're told.
Don't rock the boat.
Appreciate augi or he'll get PO'ed.
Enjoy the hobby regardless of affiliations.

so...joe... "bygones be bygones" wasn't good enough for you?

what to do? what to do...?

consider the source (an "anonymous" duplicate account, but with a recognizable email addy) and laugh, i guess :LOL: :LOL:

why anyone would bother to keep coming back to a place they obviously can't stand is beyond me. cool thing about the internet is that if you don't like my corner of it, you're free to go get your own, and you're also free to run it any way you like.

i look at our numbers, i look at your post...i don't worry too much about it...time to go read all the cool stuff the MBc members have generated overnight 8)

safety tip: no matter how much another motorist may aggravate you out there, keep your head.
maintenance tip: seal those leaks.

:p

phoenix said:
Never go against the grain of the administration..... :(
Understand and obey.
Do as you're told.
Don't rock the boat.
Appreciate augi or he'll get PO'ed.
Enjoy the hobby regardless of affiliations.

quote from spooky forum
bikeguy joe said:
I heard it through the grapevine that everyone was unbanned....I guess that was just for show since that place is in trouble.

I won't go back there.

It's not about controlling people and being rude, it's about helping and spreading the word

what's the matter ? got tired of trash talking us to no-one there?

should be clear here: this has nothing to do with spookytoothcycles.com, roland's a stand-up guy :)

controlling people and being rude

that's how i'd describe someone who gets rude while trying to control someone else's webspace...sound familiar?

back on-topic, please...anyone have any tips for the new builder/rider?

phoenix!

or what ever! how many other nicks you have had in the past!you must get ***** ***** with conflict!or something, i dont get it? go make your own web page! if you dont like the rules here. this is a very family oriented room & your conduct is not very becomeing of a so called adult!why do you keep returning? its because all the inteligent people are allready here for you to vent upon!maybe you could pay people to join that new site of yours when ya get the gonads to make one! i might be speaking out of turn here, its quite simple , follow the rules & your manners here dude no one likes a pain in the a==!& please try to set a better example as a so called adult. why do you think motoredbikes.com is growing so fast ? its because of all the great work our admins & moderators do & the structure of this site.yes includeing the rules!its there way of keeping web site anarcy down to a minium. got it?all others please pardon my bluntness. sheesh! now lets get back to bikes bikes bikes!!!motoredbikes.com rocks the world!! 8) :LOL:

down, boy, down...

:LOL:

thanks, guys 8)

please...somebody post a safety tip already :p

if you're riding at night....headlights, any kind....just use them!!

Last night, my buddy was motoring home from the bar, & someone left a riding mower in the alley.

Riding mower--1
motoredbike---0

my buddy is ok....alcohol broke his fall!!

a couple welds later & his bike is good as new.

oh yeah.....don't drink & drive!! 8)

safety tip.. nuts that are free ,and are not checked ,sooner or later will unwind them self from the thread ,and drop off ,never to be seen again

japat100

Back