Schwinn Kokomo won’t work.

Attachments

• IMG_20190602_175118.jpg
    IMG_20190602_175118.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 877
  • IMG_20190602_175135.jpg
    IMG_20190602_175135.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 665
The more I look at these bikes the more I like them. It kinda looks like he bolted a coaster brake arm onto the axle with a gear from a derailleur for a tensioner.

The more I look at these bikes the more I like them. It kinda looks like he bolted a coaster brake arm onto the axle with a gear from a derailleur for a tensioner.

It does look as you describe. Maybe he didn't want to move the rear wheel back and upset his engine chain adjustment or it was already back as far as it could go. The cool thing about these bikes is that every one is unique. I like looking at what others have done, it gives me ideas.

Looks good. What is that on the rear axle? Looks like a bike chain tensioner.
That's exactly what it is, that's what I came up with so one chain wouldn't be too tight and the other chain to loose. Later I discovered that I can get a half link , which would serve the same purpose.

My Mongoose Mack was a tight fit. I had to shape the front motor mount to fit the frame and shorten the intake about 1/2" but I got it in there. Where there's a will, there's a way.

I plan on doing a Schwinn Kokomo for my next project. If that thing in the upper frame is metal that would be perfect. I will fab up 4 right angle brackets and the gas tank will be really solid.

The Mack has disc brakes front and rear so I went with a jack shaft but the Kokomo will probably be direct drive, I just have to see what is there to mount a sprocket to. I have a sample Zeda Firestorm on its way from China to power the Kokomo.
on my motorized Kokomo, I took a hub adapter , mounted it to the outside of the mag wheel drilled thru the center lip on the mag and mounted everything together with 3/8 bolts

There's a lip in the center of the wheel

Attachments

• IMG_20190604_233234.jpg
    IMG_20190604_233234.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 443
Back