Schwinn Kokomo won’t work.

I finally ordered a Kokomo from Walmart and it's due to arrive tomorrow. The engine may not be here until September, it's on a slow boat from China.

The last engine I ordered from China was a Zeda triple 40 which I ordered directly from Zeda bit it was damaged in shipment. The Zeda customer support sucks but the Alibaba "Trade Assurance" policy just refunded me $110 to settle the dispute. I have that engine on a Margaritaville cruiser (pictured). There is plenty of room on that bike and the 40mm front motor mount almost its the frame perfectly.

Maybe I'll make a video of the Kokomo project and post it on YouTube. Photo taken in my office/man cave/bike shop.

file-43.jpeg

There are a few things that you might have to do, I think the frame tube is a hair to big, I put a vise on it and brought it in about a 32nd of an inch. I'd love to see the work in progress, and I will help if you need

Thanks. The man cave is not too far from the house, but far enough.

I have my Kokomo but still waiting on the engine to arrive from China. I bought a hub adapter and now have a 38 tooth sprocket mounted on the back wheel. I didn't trust it not to slip so I pinned it, see photos. I also opened up the center hole of the sprocket about .040" so it fits over the hub. That moved the sprocket in about 3/8" so I don't have to use spacers on the axle or anything like that.

Attachments

• IMG_1432.JPG
    IMG_1432.JPG
    401.4 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_1436.JPG
    IMG_1436.JPG
    354.1 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_1438.JPG
    IMG_1438.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_1439.JPG
    IMG_1439.JPG
    395.4 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1441.JPG
    IMG_1441.JPG
    334.8 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1443.JPG
    IMG_1443.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 212
Thanks. The man cave is not too far from the house, but far enough.

I have my Kokomo but still waiting on the engine to arrive from China. I bought a hub adapter and now have a 38 tooth sprocket mounted on the back wheel. I didn't trust it not to slip so I pinned it, see photos. I also opened up the center hole of the sprocket about .040" so it fits over the hub. That moved the sprocket in about 3/8" so I don't have to use spacers on the axle or anything like that.
That's pretty clever. If that setup works well it makes this bike into a much more desirable candidate to motorize,

That's pretty clever. If that setup works well it makes this bike into a much more desirable candidate to motorize,
The hub has a slight taper so there is no way the adapter was going to stay on without a pin. You can see the gap in the photo of the adapter on the hub without the sprocket. To deal with the gap I used a 1/4" dremel style grinder to enlarge the center hole of the sprocket little by little until it slide over the hub with a very tight fit to stabilize the outer end of the adapter. The ID of the adapter was 1.500", same as the hub. I took it down to 1.495" with sandpaper on a flat surface to give it a .005" interference fit.

Back