Second annual Mid Atlantic MB Rally, Cape Henlopen (Lewes) DE September 26 & 27, 2009

Signage for the rally

SIGNAGE: Once you enter the park, look for signs to direct you to the site. They will just say "MB Rally" and have an arrow telling you which direction to turn. I'd post a photo, but I haven't made them yet.
By the way, Cape Henlopen State Park is not a free park, there is a charge to enter. It's not quite off-season yet. That's when the park is free to enter. I tried to find the fee information online, but they only list rental fees for pavilions, etc

I just got confirmation from park officials that we will be able to set up at the same spot as last year, but to keep in mind that the area is first come, first served. Those of us who were there last year know which area it is, so the earlier someone can get there on Saturday morning, the better. Also, it was confirmed that we will be storing the bikes overnight in Battery 519 - the same underground WWII Coastal Artillery Battery we stored the bikes in last year.

Attachments

• 519.jpg
    519.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 519-2.jpg
    519-2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 519entrance.jpg
    519entrance.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 231
I'm almost ready. I took off work tomorrow. Will load 3 bikes in my mini van. Quenton did it last year & I'm going to get them in. Bonnie's afraid there won't be room for the suitcase. I told her bikes are more important than clothes (I'm not sure if that sounds right). Don't worry, we'll be wearing something when we get there.

Arrival at De.

At least a pair of briefs Jay please. I made the trip in 7 1/2 hrs. I stopped by Cape Henelope State Park, very nice area indeed. It is a sraight shot down rt. 9 to my sisters house about 25 min. If someone could tell me the area I could get their early on saturday, **** I could get the friday. Looking forward to seeing some folks this weekend.

Attachments

• 0924091713.jpg
    0924091713.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 202
Site Map

Here is a Google Earth shot of the site. The yellow line starts just before the entrance and ends at the site.

Jim

Attachments

• Rally1.jpg
    Rally1.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 205
I'm almost ready. I took off work tomorrow. Will load 3 bikes in my mini van. Quenton did it last year & I'm going to get them in. Bonnie's afraid there won't be room for the suitcase. I told her bikes are more important than clothes (I'm not sure if that sounds right). Don't worry, we'll be wearing something when we get there.

I dunno Jay, you better pack more than one day's worth or those clothes might be a little ripe by the time you leave Sunday...:whistle:

Live Weather Report

Woke up to rain this morning but it clear up by 2pm. Sunny for a 3pm afternoon ride around Laurel and Dagsboro where the butcher shop is. Tomorrows forcast is for late afternoon showers we will see. Ill try to be at that spot early.

Back