Serious Question: Motorizing a WHEELCHAIR

• Thread starter Deleted member 30828
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30828

Hey yall...A friend of mine uses a wheelchair and were trying to think of a way to strap one of these motors on to one of them lol 😂

You ever seen or heard of any alternative vehicles like this? You got any suggestions on how we might build one?

Dont let the chair fool ya...this guy is a savage and will fly 45mph down the street on one of these if we can figure out how to build one lol ✌️

Gas motor on a handicapped persons wheelchair seems like a bad Idea to me. A trike would be much safer and faster.

An E Bike battery and 2 E front wheels would be very interesting on a Wheelchair though.

Hey yall...A friend of mine uses a wheelchair and were trying to think of a way to strap one of these motors on to one of them lol 😂

You ever seen or heard of any alternative vehicles like this? You got any suggestions on how we might build one?

Dont let the chair fool ya...this guy is a savage and will fly 45mph down the street on one of these if we can figure out how to build one lol ✌️
The most logical way would be to use an electric hub motor off the back, kinda like a pusher trailer.

Several things would have to happen. You'd need a steering and braking system added in. It'd have to be for off road or private road use only for legal reasons. Therefore a recumbent tadpole makes the most sense.

I like this design, If the builders put their thinking cap on they could make it so that it could be easily removed and put on as long as the user has at least one arm and able to lift 20~40 pounds you could use either electric or a 2 stroke motor.

This design would also solve the steering issue that was already mentioned in this post.

As for braking if the builders use spring's that if the user lets go the wheel it could be set to go straight and He/She could use the existing breaks.
With a big enough parking lot I don't think the learning curve would be to difficult

" Necessity is the mother of invention " ( unknown author )

I like this design, If the builders put their thinking cap on they could make it so that it could be easily removed and put on as long as the user has at least one arm and able to lift 20~40 pounds you could use either electric or a 2 stroke motor.

This design would also solve the steering issue that was already mentioned in this post.

As for braking if the builders use spring's that if the user lets go the wheel it could be set to go straight and He/She could use the existing breaks.
With a big enough parking lot I don't think the learning curve would be to difficult

" Necessity is the mother of invention " ( unknown author )
Something like that could be made with a small 25cc four stroke and reduction transmission mounted to it. Then you could attach it to the wheel chair like the video did.

Something like that could be made with a small 25cc four stroke and reduction transmission mounted to it. Then you could attach it to the wheel chair like the video did.
I would defiantly use a gas powered engine either 2 or 4 stroke, That way as long as you got a couple of buck's in your pocket you know you will make it home with a two stroke you would need some oil but (everyone carries a couple OZ's of oil stashed somewhere on your bike if you got a two stroke AM I RIGHT)

Other consideration are if you want it removable for example if you only have one wheelchair and need to get in a public building you probably wont get very far with a half gallon of gas strapped to your chair.
1. How awkward is it to lift even 20~40 would be difficult to lift if you don't consider adding handles in the right spot to make it easier.
2. Once you do get it off you would need to make a way for it to stay in place without gas spilling out of the cap or the carb.

Back