"SickBelly"? HardBox 4stroke Shift Kit

Your absolutely correct Mean Lean (ironic isn't it)!

I spoke w/ Mike this morning on the phone and apologized to him for the comments I made.

Mike is a person of integrity as am I and I have every reason to believe he puts out a top notch product!

Seems the tech data Mike has for the HS motor rates it at 1.6-1.8 hp which would make it a legal option in CA.

Please forgive my pettyness.

Firebelly, I really like the looks of that jackshaft application. One question - is the larger secondary sprocket (engine driven) freewheeling at the pedals, so you can ride under power without the pedals turning?

I assume it is, but can't tell from the pictures.

Yeah SS those are SBP chainrings and freewheel adapted by FBC to fit the Grubee long 4stroke crank spindle. So under power it is freewheeling!

25 mile ride today! Man its hot!:cry:

hey thanks p40,

At this point we are going to do some more testing to prove the design w/ my 1st batch of gb's there has been some chain breakage issues. I believe that the cause has been found and is easilly dealt w/. I did not experience this weakness w/ my innitial prototype model or I would have worked through it before release. The shift kit version has proven more reliable already though as there is less load placed on the transmission.

As soon as SBP is ready I'll be supplying them w/ a transmission for development of the universal bits that comprise the shift kit and for testing the o/a unit. A customer who already has a transmission has agreed to help in testing and we will be testing as well. I'll likely be needing couple more testers, I'll offer those up when I'm ready.

FireBelly Cycles is only interested in providing top notch componants that offer high performance, reliability and longevity. That's why I've decided more testing and development is necessary.

in what US States is shifting on a motorized bicycle legal?

i have read most of the states laws and none of them that i can find allow gear changing
not to pick on your kit cause sick bike parts shifter kit would fall into the same catergory and the scooterguy's builds too

are you counting on getting past the laws selling your shifter as a kit?
or some statement about off road use only?

what is the law regarding gear shifting in your state?

All motor-assist is illegal in Hawaii. Clutch is illegal, gears are illegal, need lights, mirrors, speed, and horn, so pretty much I am totally illegal. Still, I have never been stopped yet.

Back