Snapping on the Spoke Ring

the GEBE ring is made for a 14G spoke, then drilled for larger sizes...anyone with basic skills and tools can make this mod at home, pay attention to the slight angle of the slots and match it when you run the drillbit thru.

my GEBE/Velocity wheels are the bomb...anyone wanting something "beefier" could do worse than the Wheelmaster, i hear good things about his work...

and don't be starting rumors about design changes in the future, that's my job...and i ain't talkin'...yet ;)

Last edited:
What is the thickest spoke gauge that the GEBE spoke ring will fit onto as is?

Per previous posts I've been researching the the "split bolt" concept. Great idea but cost / weight prohibitive.

Michael

P.S. When GEBE settles down from their windfall / profit ecstasy we perhaps can help them move forward on design issues.

Judging by the tightness of the ring when "popping" onto 14 guage spokes, I'd say a 12 guage spoke would work "as is" but it would be stubborn, and tight. As far as the "split bolt" goes...they aren't very expensive, or heavy, and would definitely secure the ring. They would be too small to be real heavy...a bag of 20 maybe a half pound or so?...lol.;)

the GEBE ring is made for a 14G spoke, then drilled for larger sizes...anyone with basic skills and tools can make this mod at home, pay attention to the slight angle of the slots and match it when you run the drillbit thru.

and don't be starting rumors about design changes in the future, that's my job...and i ain't talkin'...yet ;)

I'm reluctant to mess with the ring but good info. ;) Eventually I will have to. 12 gauge is the way.

As far as rumors I'm way too far out of the GEBE loop to generate rumors. As far as ruminating ideas to help the motorized bike technology into the future i can't help but be a motor-mouth.:D

Michael

Yeah man...thanks..hehe....Now I just have to get around to ordering some for myself:cool:

Roy,

Last nite i found some cross spoke tie downs in the dirt bike realm. I sent them an email about gauge size. No response yet. I like your idea better though. And the fact that the split bolts are soft metal they will hold (better) firm but not work on the spokes and will have some give.\\// Meld to the spoke crossing.

Michael

i have just recently changed out my generic wheels for 12 gage ones that my local bike stocks, no problem with the install, the nylon wheel went on pretty smoothly, just a little bit more extra force with the screwdriver, and it feels really secure.

Major difference in the just the strength of the wheels themselves, they feel bomb proof compared to the standard 14 Gage wheels, for $40 a wheel a good investment to give you a stonger setup.

Back