Chain Tensioner So about those spring tensioners...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is feeling tough. This is the Internet. Who is tough on here? Saying you wanna smack the stupid out of somebody isn't a threat. It's just a statement. Sometimes I wanna smack the stupid outta you too. Is that a threat? Does that make me a "tough guy"?

Last edited:
woah. 5 random, out of the blue ventings, over a two or three day period. something seriously is UP YOUR HIND-END, BUTTER BALLS! like, sure, if thered been replies from the man in question, sure, but you just kept ranting, after seemingly having had a good fume for a day or two? you constipated, or spraying it from both ends at the moment?

i LOVE THE INTERNET!

people say IM CRAZY?!?

Somewhere early on a lazy builder installed a chain tensioner rather than make an engine mounting with approximately 1/2" of adjustment which would just about do any link...soooo, since then everyone likes risking destroying a wheel and crashing. Its the dumbest thing on any build......cept maybe routing exhaust to your closed face helmet

i always gas myself, it makes the flowers sing for me :) and the rabbits dance as i waft along on my velocipede :D

its actually a sensible idea, being able to move the engine slightly and forget about the idler... as long as the frame has the clearance at reqiuired point...right down on the chain stay...

with 1/2" chain...you only, yup, need 1/2", MAX! well, maybe more as it wears...

All this bravado & "venting" on this thread reminds me of something I heard a few years back that compares arguing on an online forum & winning the Special Olympics. In the end you're still, well uh, "SPECIAL."

But the thought of an adjustable engine mount is very interesting. It definitely wouldn't be a universal thing because I've had some bikes where I mounted the engine without a mm to spare, but I could see it being pretty universal on your average cruiser or mountain bike. I'm gonna do some thinking today when I'm working on my MB.

Thanks for the ideas. And please, take the off-topic venting to PM's. It's not helping anyone.

woah. 5 random, out of the blue ventings, over a two or three day period. something seriously is UP YOUR HIND-END, BUTTER BALLS! like, sure, if thered been replies from the man in question, sure, but you just kept ranting, after seemingly having had a good fume for a day or two? you constipated, or spraying it from both ends at the moment?

i LOVE THE INTERNET!

people say IM CRAZY?!?

Why don't you mind your own damn business

All this bravado & "venting" on this thread reminds me of something I heard a few years back that compares arguing on an online forum & winning the Special Olympics. In the end you're still, well uh, "SPECIAL."

You're absolutely right. I'm tired of depending myself to morons that don't know me face to face. Therefore, I don't give a crap what any of you think of me anymore. Don't like what I have to say? Then don't read it. This forum has an ignore button. I'm not gonna defend myself anymore. If you don't like me, you don't like me. Oh well, too bad, I don't care. None of this means anything to me. If I don't know you personally, your opinion means less than nothing to me.

If I had to guess I'd say its because you're posting all this stuff on a public forum. If you communicate all this off-topic stuff with who you want to get your message to by PM then nobody would criticize you.

Or start another thread.

And back on topic, I'm going to work on my bike soon so I'm going to see if I can come up with any ideas for an adjustable mount for chain tension.

I didn't know we were playing a guessing game, but if I had to guess, I'd say I still don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back