Solid HT white wire data

im still around. started a new job and havent had time. i have built the charging circuit and am successfully using it to charge my batteries via the charging circuit from my 12v battery drill charger, no issues. So it works. However havent tried the other circuit as not neccessary for me yet. Am doing another project though, using parallel port to control 240v. Nearly finished on that one. motored bike will get more attention towards end of winter.

Do the solutions shown here work for the Honda 4-stroke, or are they specific to the 2-stroke?

What would a solution be for my Honda?

Thanks!

Heres a light idea... will it work no batteries...:}

I built this little contraption using the guts of a magneto powered flash light and a switch....no batteries just a capacitor :) very light simple and efficient

Attachments

• 2011-03-08 14.47.47.jpg
    2011-03-08 14.47.47.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 235
  • light mod.jpg
    light mod.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 255
Well, little late to the party. Etacovda, I built your 15v rectifier circuit, and just tested it out. Had to use...Substitutions. Jaycar requires like $25 min order, and I'm just not that interested in buying that many parts.

Radio Shack had some parts though :

4x 1N4733A 5.1v Zeners (3 in series for 15.3-ish)
Both the capacitors, electrolyte, at 35v
2x 1N5402 3 Amp Rectifier Diodes.

First run gave me an output of 3v (?!). Fiddled and checked solder joints, reconnected, subsequent runs are at 0.85v. Connections are all solid, no parts have released any smoke, but it's a far cry from a smoothish 15v dc output. I'll admit it's been a decade and some change since I've done any electronics work, so the faults probably mine, but I've triple checked all the joints and polarities and can't find anything wrong. Bad substitutions? Does it need to be loaded with a battery?

The engine is a brand new Grubee Skyhawk GT5, with an NT carb instead of the NT Speed carb. WW, as far as I can tell, isn't damaged in any way, and under the magneto cover is pristine.

Last edited:
Back