Spark Plug In=No Go / Spark Plug Out = Go

BirthNight

Local time
3:12 PM
Couldn't find any info on this weird problem - so I started a new thread. Sorry if the info already exists. Anyway I desperately need some help.

My Dad and I are at about 99% complete for our first HT build. Everything was installed fine except the spark plug (the last 1%). Before I put the spark plug in - the back wheel would turn (with or without the clutch depressed). After installing spark plug - the back wheel/drive chain is absolutely immobile. What is the deal? How is the spark plug (being properly in place) keeping my back wheel and drive chain from functioning? Please help - we are soooo near completion - last thing was to put some gas in and fire the baby up before this stupid problem arose.

Bad clutch???

THANKS!!!!:(

that just sounds like some good compression going on there
it will turn over but hard right ??
if so that's what you want -- good hard compression

brand new engine -- (((small squirt))) of motor oil into plug hole
a little lube until THINGS get a going

good luck as you ride that thing

with your clutch pulled in you can still ride your bike right ??

yes kind of a hard ride -- but -- rideable....

pull the clutch -- get that thing up to some speed -- let the clutch out
gas is on right ??

relax -- you will be up and riding in no time

then you will say to yourself -- Iam going out to ride that motor bike thing again !!!

MM

Last edited:
If you are trying to turn the rear wheel by hand with the plug in and clutch engaged, it will be very difficult because of engine compression and the fact that one revolution of the rear tire is trying to turn that engine over roughly 20 times because of the gearing. (fighting compression every stroke)

Don't worry though, once you pedal the bike and get your weight over the rear tire, a "pop" of the clutch will get that engine spinning and fired up.

HEYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - - - - - - WOW - the little clutch thing by the clutch sprocket - I don't know what its called but the thing that the spring is attached to...that was the problem. it needed to be adjusted properly (was actually pretty difficult...) Anyway - MY DAD FIGURED IT OUT and WE GOT IT WORKING. MY FIRST MOTORBIKE IS COMPLETE!!!! .... Unfortunately by the time we got it 100% working it was pitch black outside so I just went for about a 20 second test run. I'm going to wake up bright and early and take this baby out for a proper ride. Don't worry I know to go easy on it for the first couple hundred miles. i'm sOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited though! I thought it would never be complete! AND IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i AM NOW A MOTORBIKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOO!!!!!!

Coolness, 5 hours after post saying it don't work the bike is ready for a nice morning test ride. The weather here was awesome today I hope you have good weather tomorrow there.

Make sure everything is tight, don't go farther than you can feel like walking back pushing a bike and check everything over.

Have fun, watch out for the idiots in the cars, Bark back at the dogs.

Back