Engine Trouble spark plug shot out of head

this engine kit has every design trick in the book to make it low power so it can pass gov't regulations;
The only 2-stroke engine legally imported that passes 2012 EPA is the real Grubee Skyhawk.

The new 2015 engines are just hitting the US in a the next month or so, only registered Grubee suppliers can get them to sell.
Gasbike/Kings is not on the list, bicycle-engines.com is, as well a guy in Florida.

I don't carry 2-stroke parts, even the good stuff, but the crap stuff performance has nothing to do with the EPA, they are all the cheapest things possible and smuggled in crap, just not as smart as VW did with it's dirty ass diesel cars for years before they got caught.

My only contention here is that engines aren't purposefully UN-tuned for regulations, it's because they just don't tune them!

This is even true for 4 stroke engines though the quality is much higher they just don't set the valves right.
The difference is amazing.

thank you for the concern KC. and i understand how crappy these engines are.the seller did agree too a whole new kit, took bit of fancy wording but i got it done.

Last edited:
ok to get back on track i bought a torque wrench to day and set my head bolt to 15 ft/lbs tried to start it and got nothing. IF my carburetor was flooded I would disconnect my fuel line and after a while of pedaling is sould start this isnt the case,so I switched stator coils, cdi and spark plug to a set I know works then tried to started...nothing i think this kit is a bad egg. I'm going to say its time to FORCE it to work... taking it to a REAL mechanic when I get paid.

Back