Sportsman Flyer Build

• Thread starter Deleted member 25783
  • Start date
Very nice to see this build come to an end. Although you deviated slightly from the stock sportsman flyer build it looks authentic. Well done.
Thanks CrazyDan, When I first layed eyes on the Sportsman Flyer 80 I saw the foundation of a build to satisfy my needs and desires. All the SF components just work in harmony. A sportsman Flyer is spendy, but money well spent to build quite literally an heirloom machine. If I was young and single I would get my self a Jefferson. I will gladly make do for now. But for small change a Sportsman Flyer 160 up grade is enticing.

We never told Lynn to retry her 79cc Predator after you flipped that engine kill switch. LOL. Yeah, that mounting systems looks very secure but complicated. How are you going to handle an offset if you need one again? or, are you going to measure out the exact offset into the mount or the hub adaptor? I worked on the bike a bit yesterday and reattached one of the tensioners with a more secure mounting. Feels good now.
She eventually must have figured it out. She has a vid of it running.

This is very clean and nice. Congrats on getting this beast together. I am sure it will smoke my ebike and HS-142F. Now, it is time for a long tour of Wisconsin on it. :)

This is very clean and nice. Congrats on getting this beast together. I am sure it will smoke my ebike and HS-142F. Now, it is time for a long tour of Wisconsin on it. :)
Good to hear from you buddy, I have found a few ales of late, not Belgian that are quite quaffable.

Star date September 2020. Sportsman Flyer 80 got a good work out, performing flawlessly over Labor Day.
Tom

So I have another 79cc engine on the bench stripped of parts not needed, and side cover free to remove governor.
Gasket didn't survive. No matter. Plan is to send it to Modified 79cc Predator Engine, Stage 2 – Affordable Go Karts
All I need done is the port and polish head to match Sportsman Flyer manifold, Deck the head .050" to increase compression. replace iron flywheel with aluminum flywheel, and heavy duty valve springs.
The weight of a Sportsman Flyer and the topography of SE Wisconsin tax the available power climbing hills.
Especially from a standing start. On the flat the 79cc geared as is, 35mph+ power to spare.
Pat recommends the compression increase as being very effective. I guess I will find out.
Tom

Back