Sprocket bolted to the hub

Midwest Rider

Local time
10:59 AM
I know what I'm looking and don't now how to explain other than this And yes I searched.

Where can I find a hub that will accept a 44 tooth sprocket. AKA a bolt on. NOT a clamshell.

There are LOTS of disc hubs out there (44mm and 48mm, so be clear), that being just one of the options, using the 6-hole mount instead of a 9-hole spoke mount. There are also machined hub clamps. Getting rid of the spoke-mounted sprocket was one of the first things I took care of, deciding to go with disc hubs anyway.

Yes, that’s one type, which clamps to the hub, then reaches through the spokes to mount the sprocket. There are countless others, which mount directly where the disc rotor would, as well.

DFFE271B-4343-4E7A-A800-2ABC5BAC1426.jpeg

This one kinda gives you ALL the options (Disc-Hub, 9-hole spoke, hub-clamp).

Lots of folks just use the 9-hole spoke (rag) mount, ‘cause it’s cheap, and you don’t have to deal with hub/wheel changes or re-lacing, but they can be an ass-whoopin’ on spokes.

84AF2D07-15A0-4FE2-9B65-8727B04F25DC.jpeg

If you’re actually gonna go for any real reliability, spend the money to do it once, and definitely spend the time to go through these folks’ drivetrain pics (there’s a huge variety of ways to do it, and waaay more ways NOT to). There’s some awesome work out there!

Y
If you’re actually gonna go for any real reliability, spend the money to do it once, and definitely spend the time to go through these folks’ drivetrain pics (there’s a huge variety of ways to do it, and waaay more ways NOT to). There’s some awesome work out there!
Yes sir there are SOOO many ways to do it wrong. And Thank you Gentlemen for sharing your knowledge.

Man on my last bike ...Who tf am I kidding, my only bike

I drilled holes in the sprocket & bolted directly to the disc hub. I just used front v brakes or cantaloupes or w/e

Cantilever

I oftener wonder why so many ppl use the clam shell adapters when the HD wheel can be had all in one. I’m near positive you can get the HD axle innfree wheel too for those of you who hate using coasters and prefer a front brake

Clam shell is the easiest cheapest way to go and they come with the kit. Some folks know how to use them and never have issues, a lot do not mount them correctly.

Back