Staton Gearbox Dimensions

Can someone please give me the dimensions of their Staton chain drive gearbox?

I asked Staton.

No response yet.
On the Staton web site I saw a picture of one next to a 35cc Honda motor.
It looks easy to guesstimate the size.

FWIW, I’m installing this gearbox to install a 212cc engine mid frame.

Using this box allows the engine to face the opposite direction, with the clutch on the right side, and easily hook up to a shift kit.

I need exact measurements, so I can start cutting the motor mount plate.

The length and thickness are most important.
Its thickness determines if the gearbox’s shafts face towards the engine or not.

If the box is thin enough, then all the sprockets and the clutch can face inward or outward.

If it’s too thick, then all the sprockets must face inward.

The city where Staton is located had a powerful ice storm and is without electricity.

Staton can’t answer all his emails yet, and my order for his gearbox is delayed.

Last edited:
IMG_0413.JPG
IMG_0414.JPG
IMG_0422.JPG

Can someone please give me the dimensions of their Staton chain drive gearbox?

I asked Staton.

No response yet.
I have a Staton-inc "axle mounted kit" which uses a 4:28/1 gear reduction box, and I'd be happy to measure my gearbox and provide you the info, if that's the kind of gearbox for which you need dimensions. However, Staton-inc sells different kinds of gear reduction boxes, not just the kind that I have. My particular kit mounts to the left of the rear axle, just a few inches above the pavement, but Staton also sells at least one other kind of gearbox kit which features a different gearbox with different dimensions, including a kit that mounts above the rear wheel. Let me know if I can be of help.

Back