Stopping bike without kill switch

Hey guy with same name! If your running the kit throttle/kill switch combo like I am and the kill switch isn't doing its job seek out a thread by member ducttapedgoat on wiring the stock engine/CDI/killswitch. I just performed a rewire saturday night and not only does my kill switch work now but the bike is running better as a whole!

Best,
Ryan

I dont have a kill switch so i turn on the cebator (?) on the carburator and i turn the throttle 100% so it doesnt get air, and it turns off. Or the other way is to stop and release the clutch.

I guess if you wish to stop your engine without using a kill switch you could pull the spark plug wire off. :unsure:
rc

The best way is to rewire it. If you cannot locate the link then let me know and I will post it.

The problem I have with the two methods listed is that you are trying to stop the motor, while moving, bending over with one hand off the handlebars, and fiddleing with the engine. (Meanwhile a dog darts infront of you causing your bike to flip over and sending you into the pavement and hurting the dog......don't hurt the animals, they are creatures who deserve to live.)

EDIT: The thread RhinoA speaks of is here: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=30932 (Title did not really match and it might have taken a bit to find it.)

Last edited:
you can just turn your idle down so when you release the clutch the engine die's. i have a kill switch, and it works, but i do this just to be safe.

i liked the kick option :) that was goood!

dump clutch, set the idle low... one of thems good. earth the BLUE wire... that works... :)

pulling the plug wire is a once only method... :p

Back