Tachometer info?

Whitewill1412

Local time
4:43 AM
I got this tach to put on my 2 stroke. Anyone have any tips for me? Like how many times to wrap the wire or any other information that may be helpful

Attachments

• 20230710_165213.jpg
    20230710_165213.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 53
Really? The instructions say 4-5 turns. Then it says to adjust the amount of turns if it is inaccurate. How would you know the accuracy if the gauge is the way you would know the rpm in the first place?
Put it to the test. Take an idle reading with what they recommend 4 turns. Then try it with 12 turns. If it comes up the same (which it will), it'll mean 4 turns is the minimum you should use to get a reading.

Really? The instructions say 4-5 turns. Then it says to adjust the amount of turns if it is inaccurate. How would you know the accuracy if the gauge is the way you would know the rpm in the first place?
The power of math and a mildly accurate speedometer (GPS is good enough). You can determine the rpm of the engine by using the known figure of your total gear reduction and the circumference of the wheel. Calculate your speed at a fixed MPH. Then maintain that MPH and compare what the tach says with what you calculated.

The power of math and a mildly accurate speedometer (GPS is good enough). You can determine the rpm of the engine by using the known figure of your total gear reduction and the circumference of the wheel. Calculate your speed at a fixed MPH. Then maintain that MPH and compare what the tach says with what you calculated.
Ok smarty pants

Back