Tapping threads in engine to u.s standard

I have to agree with Fabian's philosophy about parents giving a barely licensed kid a motorcycle. When I was a kid, a saying went, "Give a 16 year old a motorcycle for his last birthday."

I hope the kid writes back in a few years and can say he never got cited nor had an accident.

I'm in complete agreement with MikeJ: I hope the kid writes back in a few years and can say he never got cited nor had an accident.

I'll take this concept a step further: hoping that the kid writes back in a few years with comment of his clean record and scratch (body and bike) free record.

Personally, i get no joy at all hearing negative fate incurred from motorised transport.

Through a power tool accident the upper part of my severed left hand index finger was reattached with micro surgery.
I'm utterly grateful and thankful to the medical team which performed such fantastic work, giving back full dexterity and near perfect appearance to my severed finger.

The pain and time spent in hospital rehabilitating my finger injury would be nothing compared to some of the gruesome motorcycle injuries which show up at hospital emergency departments.

Please don't consider me a safety nazi for i've spent most of my life riding motorcycles and participating in recreational race track events.
I'm just thankful my parents placed a complete ban on motorcycles in my early years for i had neither the mental maturity, nor a responsible attitude to ride in a sensible manner at an early age.

My parents knew exactly what MikeJ was talking about:

Give a 16 year old a motorcycle for his last birthday, most especially if it's a high powered sports bike like an R6"

my nephew bought himself a nice crotch rocket.had it a year almost killed himself and his passenger.passenger is ruined for life due to all the damage to her internal organs.
he doesent ride anymore.i think he totalled three cars so far.i have owned socks longer than he can keep a car.

Actually I've been riding motorcycles since I was 5 and I raced for many years. I'm not some idiot 16 year old on a bike with 120 hp. also my dad has a ducati monster 800 and I have to ride with him for a while until he feels I am award of my surroundings. Not that I can't ride the bike well but other idiots swerving into me and stuff. Don't just assume things. Get your facts straight before you say "will be crashed" and don't be jealous and talk like that just because your stuck on a mountain bike that tips out at 40. Have a nice day, I'm done with this forum

Something just tells me that the R6 "will be crashed"

My motorised bicycle tops out at 30 going downhill, on a good (wind favourable) day - keeps me happy; keeps me smiling and keeps me under the radar.

lol.jealous?? me?
let the daredevils get on the airplane,im getting in the airplane..
i dont feel any 16 year old is competent ,responsible or respectful enough do drive ANYTHING on a public roadway except a bicycle.
peace out,man.

Back