Texas Motorized Bicycle Laws

Texas Motorized Bicycle Laws -- Tickets

hello im from virginia-but spend 6 months in san antonia a year-theres an explosion of powered bikes in san antonia-police seem not to bother them-maby try to contact local tv news about the problem-write a letter to the governer-also make sure you go to coart to explain situation to the judge and bring picture of the bike-may be dissmissed hopefully-does take some of the fun out of riding when you feel not things are not exactly legal-hope things work out

There's not really a problem yet. Hopefully there won't be one either. I'm thinking now there won't be.

Around where I live in Dallas I've never seen one single one. People I talked to in Austin have seen them. It's good to hear that somewhere in Texas there's a lot on them.

Well yes and no !!!!!

it really depends on your local police....
are there others riding in your town ?
state law says yes but leaves it up the the local municpalities as to how they enforce.

I did see a YouTube vid of a guy selling bikes down there...might have been in the vally.

Okay so...
It can go both ways is what everyone is saying.

I've read this whole thing... And it's a bit confusing.

My only real question here is - is there an engine limit size? I was wanting a dependable engine... So I was thinking like a 1.5-2.5 motor from harbor freight as opposed to a china kit. Is this still just as debatable?

The goped statute allows up to 40cc engines. However, china girl motors do not have the engine size shown anywhere on them. You can get a stamping kit from Harbor Freight and stamp 38cc into the motor. That's what I did and other members did also.

Back