Thanks for the help

Toby woodman

Local time
11:55 AM
With my bike now running I thought I would just say thank you. Some of you have put a lot of time into helping me and steering me away from some truly terrible ideas. I know that putting these large 5.5 hp engines on bikes is a bit controversial but it was the only engine I had. Thanks for the help. I’ll put a few pictures below

Attachments

• IMG_4600.jpeg
    IMG_4600.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4596.jpeg
    IMG_4596.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4596.jpeg
    IMG_4596.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4591.jpeg
    IMG_4591.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4592.jpeg
    IMG_4592.jpeg
    310 KB · Views: 74
With my bike now running I thought I would just say thank you. Some of you have put a lot of time into helping me and steering me away from some truly terrible ideas. I know that putting these large 5.5 hp engines on bikes is a bit controversial but it was the only engine I had. Thanks for the help. I’ll put a few pictures below
Nice pics of the English countryside too...lol.

Good thing your not in the City with that, it's probably as illegal as all hell over there...lol.

Whatever you do, stay clear of the ALPR cameras and the MOT...lol...lol...You don't want to be on their hit list...lol.

Good thing your not in the City with that, it's probably as illegal as all hell over there...lol.
yeah, even a 49cc 2 stroke is illegal unless you get a motorbike license and insurance. but getting insurance is impossible because no one will insure a motorised bike. and you have to get a passed vehicle inspection (MOT) and get it registered

YEP...I am well aware of UK laws on these little beasties...The governmental structures that you have over there bleed more British Pounds out of you folks than a blood bank restocking their supplies during a blood drive...lol...lol.

The bottom line is it's all about the money to keep supporting the cradle to grave, womb to the tomb, nanny state...lol.

Here in the State of New Mexico where I live, there are no regulations on motorised bikes, no registration, no insurance, we do not even need a drivers license...lol...They are just treated as bicycles here, just follow common sense rules of the road etc. and it's all good...We also have to have lights if riding at night as well as a horn or bell.

Chapter 18 – Other “Vehicles”

Section E. Motorized Bicycles
Revised November 30, 2017

Motorized Bicycles are not considered to be mopeds or motorcycles.

By current MVD practice, motorized bicycles are considered to be bicycles
(not mopeds or motorcycles) and are not subject to the titling and registration requirements of the Motor Vehicle Code.

And we do not even have a helmet law if your under 18 years old...I don't ever advise that though, I always where one when riding.

Back