The second wave of madness begins!!!

Whitewill1412

Local time
4:51 PM
And it's gonna be bigger than the first. The black hyper beach cruiser has arrived. The first build was pretty plain Jane(although it still could see some upgrades). This one is gonna be much more involved or evolved. I will post the build progress here. Here's the first step. The bike is assembled.

Attachments

• 20230504_171418.jpg
    20230504_171418.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 99
Now she is assembled with all stock kit parts. While I was putting the rag joint together the cheap bolts were stripping out quite easily. I just borrowed the rear wheel off of the other bike because the rag joint is rock solid on that one and I'm not using a rag joint on this build anyway. Also I didn't use the stock chain tensioner. It seems real chinsy. Didn't even want to mess with it. This frame is really nice and solid. She is ready for a test run when my son gets home from school.

Attachments

• 20230512_124752.jpg
    20230512_124752.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 109
  • 20230512_124702.jpg
    20230512_124702.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 92
She started right up!!! Here's a video of it running. I couldn't figure out why it kept stalling when I opened the choke. Who can be the first to spot what my dumbass was doing wrong?

Who can be the first to spot what my dumbass was doing wrong?
The petcock is only half open...The valve lever should be all the way downward where it will hit the stop, you have the lever aligned with the gas line, not all the way down so your not getting full gas flow.

Also with the choke, the lever all the way at the top of the carb is full choke, no air...The lever, all the way down at bottom of carb is no choke. full air flow....Adjust your idle from there when fully warmed up.

The petcock is only half open...The valve lever should be all the way downward where it will hit the stop, you have the lever aligned with the gas line, not all the way down so your not getting full gas flow.

Also with the choke, the lever all the way at the top of the carb is full choke, no air...The lever, all the way down at bottom of carb is no choke. full air flow....Adjust your idle from there when full warmed up.
You got it. I was operating the choke backwards. Thinking it was open when it was closed. I even adjusted the carb twice before I realized what I was doing. I don't really use the choke on the other bike so I'm not used to it. Once I figured out what I was doing wrong it runs great. The peacock was fully open though

You got it. I was operating the choke backwards. Thinking it was open when it was closed. I even adjusted the carb twice before I realized what I was doing. I don't really use the choke on the other bike so I'm not used to it. Once I figured out what I was doing wrong it runs great. The peacock was fully open though
I did the same thing the first time I fired up my bike, I still do it sometimes. I know they sell carbs with automatic choke

I did the same thing the first time I fired up my bike, I still do it sometimes. I know they sell carbs with automatic choke
At least I'm not the only one then. I don't want a different carb. These cheap ones work great when you use them properly. This one is a bofeng. I have another bofeng that I bought a while ago. I was planning to put it on this second build, but it came with one. I'm gonna put that one on the other bike soon.

Back