The state of California needs to be takrn to court

DMV fees $$$$
License,registration and plate

Driving school to get Motorcycle license $$$$
This is just a buch of B$$$$$$$
$19 one time fee for a plate??? Huh?
There is no need to pay for a "Driving school" to get a M1 or M2

What other fee's are you complaining about?

You guys Obiviosly will find out the hard way. I just closed my Bicycle shop but I checked with C.A.R.B. and they have Rules as does the C.H.P. as does the DMV. as does the EPA. From what I understand most Cities are not enforceing all of the rules unless people get out of hand and drive fast down town. But it does not mean they do not have the regulations in place already.
Code #406.A is for registration not bike lane, Code #12804.9 is for Motorcyle Lic. which applies to riding on a street not bike path, Code #27803 is for Helmet require on gas powered mopeds or Bicycles not sure how that reads but If I remember right the CHP told me if you are over 2 HP and the Bike lane code is #2107.5

Who cares about roadies we are concerned with motor bikes. And are they taggable or not.We need to get to the bottom of all this stuff and find out for sure with out a shadow of a doubt which states these things are legal and deal with the rest. Thats all you hear on this forum is people fiteing over the legality of each state in question . And these motors do ship to cali. Cause majority of the sellers of the hunks of junk lives and sells from cali . Boy go fast and 20 different sellers on ebay and on this site do also . We will leave it to the member of each state to post a leagality decleration. On the forums so all the fiting will stop. And if its legal in your state to ride these on the city streets get it out of the dmv handbook and carry it with you to prove it. To any officer that pulls you over and says you are breakin the law it is that simple.....

Well I posted the Code #'s on my post that really is not to argue. But California is now allowing some 2011 motors into the state thank God. CARB or California Air Resources Board didn't allow them in 2010 Boy Go Fast wouldn't ship one to me last year when I ask them to this year they will so I will probably get two and Regisster at least one of them with the DMV. The one I curremtly ride is very fun and I have not been pulled over as of yet knock on wood.
I agree that we shouldn't be argueing but having fun building and riding.

thats rite but we need to find out what state it is completely legal to ride them in and post it now maybe people wont complain to much that they cant get a engine from to cali missouri where i live is completely legal here to ride the heck out of them as much as you want cool huh thats what i like

Thats true freedom my friend.
I will keep riding mine as long as they let me.

I have ridden motorized bicycles (motorcycles too) in California for a very long time and also wish there were not so many regulations.

But!, I can see why the regulations. At present there is a dealer that is putting together bicycles that do 50 mph they claim. They also put together a video showing how well they perform. If we ride our bikes in traffic the way they do in the video, then lawmakers and police have to act. Yes, the police are cracking down in the city where this dealer is located. A member of this forum who lives in that area reported that the police are stopping and ticketing motorized bicycle riders and gave some examples why they were stopped. From what I read the police should stop and ticket them. I have personaly seen abuse to safety and just plain good judgement.

I do not like to be under a lot of regulations and this is one of the reasons I have liked motorized bicycles. However, a few weeks ago I register all my MB's with the DMV. I already have a motorcycle license. The only other requirments that I am aware of according to the DMV and police is: motor not over 2 hp, don't go over 30 mph and where a helment. While I don't like the idea that I am being made to do that, I must add "the rules are fair and reaonable to live with".

However, the law is not perfect either. If you have a nice motorized bicycle and want to ride it and be legal ---- How do you get a motorcycle licnse when the DMV will not let you use your bicycle for the ride test.

There are probably more gray areas that the lawmakers and police are not aware of and don't want to be. They have some much more important things to do than deal with motorized bicycles.

My thought are: each of us obey the law as responsible bicycle riders are required to do. If a bicycle rider runs a red light I have seen them get a ticket and rightly so. These are bicycles not motorcycles, ride them as a bicycle and obey the same law. As I have been told from when I was a child "RIDE SAFELY".

I have been riding motorized bicycles for well over 20 years and never been stopped by a police officer. Looked at, waved and smiled at but never stopped for a violation. But I do try to obey the law and not be rude to car and truck drivers. I also keep in mind that I am riding a BICYCLE.

A little long winded I know.

you lot need to come over hear. i am trying to get mine on the road and there are 3 enforcement agencies that i have to go thro to get it on the road. and believe me they will stop me take the bike and crush it straight away if its not.

one agency just passes me over to the other and then back again. of course i cant talk on the phone as they dont do that so its all by email. **** system.

but i will do it even if i have to keep harrassing them until they give in to me. i send one email every day until i get a reply. and when i do i save it for ref later.

im hoping that will do until they get the hint i will not stop until i gett he answer i want.

the agencies involed are VOSA, vehicle operator services agency, DVLA, driver and vehicle licensing agency, and the DFT, department for transport.

they all do a different thing but they all need to co-operate with each other, and come to a conclusion as to how far my bike needs to go.

this is how i understand it so far (hold on)

DVLA need to register my bike as a new vehicle and they issue a VIN number (vehicle iddenty number) so it can be tracked thro the system. but they need a test from...

VOSA, who need a vin number before the test so the can look on there system to see what needs testing,

DFT, need to know from both agencies and me and the bike so they can say if it can go on the road and if its been built safe enough.

if that isnt a headache and im getting lost typing it but.

VOSA will not test the bike until DVLA give it a vin number, but, DVLA, wont give a vin number until VOSA have tested the bike.

so im going round and round in circles until i get an answer from either.

so if after this you have got a headache or gave up reading then WELCOME TO MY WORLD.......

as one man said, we will fight them on the beaches and the streets even in the houses but i will never surrender....

How do I get a Motorcycle license? I have never riden a Motorcycle. I plan on registering my Gas Bikes though.
I also believe I would have to go to a Motorcycle driveing school and I cannot afford that as I am only working 32 hours a week. That is why I built the bike to save on gasoline and money. I didn't build it to ride it like a minibike.
I agree the bad apples going 55 mph downtown will ruin it for everybody.

Back