This is WAR!!!!

errolprowse

Local time
12:17 AM
someone on bikeforums.net decided to say that Motor Bikes are just plain out bad in more than a few ways. check it out.
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=596433

ive been arguing everyone's wrong points and trying to keep a good name for motor bikes. there's a lot of arrogance and hate when it comes to motor bikes in the bicycle community unfortunately

Ahh, does it even matter? Who cares about some Uppity ******bag Livestrong wannbe's anyways? They're probably a bunch of turds. Keep doing your thing and make sure you're obeying the traffic laws.

When i was over on a mountain bike forum (before I grew up an came here), I noticed quite a bit of arrogance. I think it has to do with the exaltation of sports and sports figures. None of that here.
You people are like the down-home guys on the tractor site I spend a lot of time on. Just a great place to be.

Let go of this "War" - they outnumber us ten thousand to one. Maybe more.

I like the bike forums, there is a lot that goes into keeping the bike going without loosing and arm and a leg with the maintenance cost, so it goes to the head sometimes.
I am on the bike because I save money on gas and the traffic aggravation also feeling like I am sealed in a cage.
If it has two or three wheels and it looks like a bike I am down with it.
Especially the 150 mph, it is a smash

sociologically speaking...and only generalizing

bicycles rock...i'd never have motorvated one if i didn't already love bicycles.

there are rifts in every area of human interest, this motorsport being no exception...
rack-, frame-, electric-, friction-, noone even wants to see anyone else's stuff when they hit MBc, when was the last time you looked at & admired an MB that didn't have the same kind of engine or follow the same style as yours? heck, forum statistics show that most folks don't even peruse the bicycle-specific areas here at MBc...don't even
get me started on safety and durability...

it's all about your carburetor or clutch cable...who cares about brakes tires or lights?

if you're half as dedicated as the bicycle-purists, then you have one doozy of a MotoredBike. in general, tho, my research here shows otherwise...cheap kit cheap bike zoomie-zoom...& the "devil's" advocate asks: from a cyclist's viewpoint, what's to admire? to them, and it seems to society at large, we're just big pocketbikes...we know how that worked out, eh?

i believe that motorized-bicycles stand a good chance of achieving full vehicle-status if properly presented...electric or gas, they make too much relative sense to be ignored.

yet, instead of fretting our overall rep, you fret pedal'ers not liking our idea of what to do with a bicycle, like it matters & is worth going to "war" over. any bicyclist who wants a motor or engine will have one sooner or later...any who don't, well geez, why should i care one way or t'other? i set a good example & demonstrate the benefits in real-time, and can do no more than that.

shoot, i "see" a day when motorized-bicycles provide support for pedal-bicycle events...how utterly logical is that?

what i don't "foresee" is people actually getting together & staying together long enuff to get there.

people is people, after all.

Last edited:
Motorized bikers are a completely different group than the other bikers. More of a group out to have fun, go fast, and do it all clean and "cheap".

Those that look down upon motorbikers are jealous or just that d*** ignorant to not realize all aspects of owning a motorized bike. (Cheaper than a motorcycle or car, better gas mileage, much more fun!)

those are the square types
who's father's or grandfather's never bought them a
motorized mini bike, go cart or small motor cycle when they were young
probably still jealous to this day

my grandfather was cool
brought home a 7 1/2 hp mini bike to a little starry eyed 6 or 7 year old
when I would get off the dirt it did 45 mph top speed on the not legal road way

get down on it little guy !!!
don't get killed grandma will kill me !!!

MM

Last edited:
I'm not interested in this war.

I'm legal where I am and that is not going to change. If you think these elitist pri..... I mean types will cause trouble where you are, that's different.

The fact thay think they're cooler than me, smarter than me....frankly, I don't care. That's high school stuff.

What these so called purists (and possible greenies) don't understand is that I'm NOT going to peddle a bicycle around town...PERIOD, no ifs ands or buts. I've had three bicycles in my garage waiting for someone needing one. Well that day never came thankfully. Due to my son not having a license, wanting to put a electric motor (we went with a HT) on a bike, they would still be sitting in the garage. So instead of cranking up my SUV @17 MPG or my PU @ 20 MPG, I crank up my HT @ 100 MPG to run to the store and around. Some dimwits they are, ranting over a d**n motorized bike when the outrage should be what path we as in the United States is taking. On top of that I'm sure that most of those screaming the loudest also drive vehicles, if not what a sheltered life they must have.... There is so much to see out there and so little you can see on a bicycle. I don't ride one because of the fuel I save, I don't ride one to so call "save the environment" I ride one for the pure enjoyment of riding one...otherwise those three bicycles wouldn't of been sitting in my garage for the last 10 years.

If I was so concerned with what others think, I'd have to give up hunting, give up fishing, give up traveling...h**l they would have me give up my money to give to those that sit on their AZZ as in spread the wealth. I too am 100% legal here in Alabama and that is all I'm concerned with.

Last edited:
This is WAR!!!!

Hyperbole and over-reacting doesn't suit the situation. There will always be a few loud mouths on any side of an issue, this one included. No big deal, don't amount to jack in the scheme of things.

Back