Throttle Cable - Extra Slack - How To Correct?

On your second picture, im straining my eyes to see if i can see the cable wrapped around in the groove of the white nylon before setting the barrel end in place...maybe its my eyes or the pic, but i cant see the cable in that grooved channel like it should be, that would be taking up the excess cable so that it would be the right length if im right...DAMIEN
The throttle works perfectly. With the air filter off and the choke open I can see it operating perfectly.

If you can turn the grip and the throttle cylinder raises completely to the top of the barrel, then there is nothing to worry about.
The slide in the carb? Yes that raises all the way up. I looked at the carb some more and realized that the reason it's up a bit at the bottom is because of the idle screw.

The slide in the carb? Yes that raises all the way up. I looked at the carb some more and realized that the reason it's up a bit at the bottom is because of the idle screw.
To take out the extra slack the elbow where it screws into the housing can come out a fair bit, right now it's all the way in and that's making the slack. There is a lock nut to snug it up when all setup properly between that and the other two adjusters you'll be fine.

To take out the extra slack the elbow where it screws into the housing can come out a fair bit, right now it's all the way in and that's making the slack. There is a lock nut to snug it up when all setup properly between that and the other two adjusters you'll be fine.
No. I can back out the elbow to half a thread and turn the other two adjuster all the way out and there is still slack.

On your second picture, im straining my eyes to see if i can see the cable wrapped around in the groove of the white nylon before setting the barrel end in place...maybe its my eyes or the pic, but i cant see the cable in that grooved channel like it should be, that would be taking up the excess cable so that it would be the right length if im right...DAMIEN
Just asking if what im seeing or not seeing is correct or not...DAMIEN

I bought these. "8pcs Solderless Cable Nipples 5mm Throttle Choke for Motorcycle Scooter Mower US"

View attachment 156327

I had to make a custom cable when I switched to my OKO carb, so I used the stock cable, cut off the barrel at the throttle end, trimmed the cable housing, and slid one of these on. Adjusting it was rather fiddly--best way I've found is to assemble the throttle and carb on the bench, wind all adjusters in, and gradually slide the barrel downwards until most of the slack is gone--but once dialed in it works just fine.

Also: sample size of one, but I've had the kit throttle stick open on me and send me flying. The one Sick Bike Parts sells is a very nice upgrade, and also would work with this.

Last edited:
Back