Too loud! Would this work?

I made like 5 different ones like the end cap on a stock muffler open like a truck has got flaps. And I got a hinge took off my end cap and made the hinge the flap thay got holes allready and you can bolt it to your muffler I got a welder so it's like super glue for me eny thing that moves gets welded And ensted of guting a stock one my one in the pic is bed frame so it's easier and a little bigger. And I am meant to put a hole in my one coz when I shut it all the way it blows the gaskets and stalls but it is nice to be able to if necessary ever since I made my first one now I got one on all my bikes. And the idea was to make just the last section flap spring cable coming off. Make it 2 Inc long and able to fit on all stock mufflers
Sorry one more thing I hade that flap muffler in the pic coming off the bottom of the headers on my honda prelude when you hit v tec it made every one Def and when driving normal it's loud fart so put it back on the bike. Good luck

Just did a few more test runs. I removed the baffle and yes it's louder all though not as loud as just the expansion chamber pipe and ran a 32.4mph. Put back on baffle and ran a 34.7mph and a bit more pep/bottom end. Dud done thrittle chops and possibly could move down from my current 64 to a 63 jet.ialso removed all 3 covers and nought some 1/4" cork board sheets and made some dampeners fir them. Gave them gluing now and hopefully will remove some of that clackity black sound. Can I put Greece on the clutch side cover on the gears?ovoidly I will on the drive side. I also noticed that when I remove the magneto cover, the bolt had worn a spot into the cover and some metal shavings were there. I have different overs than stock so possibly not enough clearance. I went ahead and bored it out a bit more so hopefully it doesn't touch anymore.
I don't have a welder so will look at what Zi can do or if I can find someone who can. Parts look cheap enough. :)
I do love the sound when it's opened, even if it looses . 10% hp.
I want to get this finished so I can start my electric build. I know even less about electricity!
Thanks
Mike

Back