took it out for the first ride

how exactly do you lengthen the wires? Sorry, that may be a dumb question...

well i did look at my spark plug. it does have trace amounts of carbon.
that being said i think it has alittle more to do with my fuel mixure being alittle too rich.

No such thing as a dumb question! ty I'm planning on cuting the hot wire (black) about three inches below the elctronic ign./coil and strip about 1/2 inch of the insolation (plastic coating) from each end of the wire, then cut 2 new lenths of the same gage wire 14" each and strip 1/2 inch of insolation from each end of them. Then twist one of the 14" wires together with each of the wires you have at the elc./coil. You can soider them together or use crimp on connectors, just be sure you have a good connection, then I will have two wires long enough to reach my headlight so I can attach one end to each side of the toggel switch. What I'm worried about is this will make my hot wire 28" longer, mabe giving a weaker spark at the plug. I'm going have to do more research on what efect it will have on the spark If any. Will let you know how it works out, in the mean time I will continue to use my choke. Hope this helps, it's kinda like tieing two pieces of rope toghether and making a longer rope!

Increasing the length of wire will raise the resistance a little bit, but not so much to notice. If it is a concern, just use the next gauge heavier wire for the extension and it will be exactly the same as it was in the shorter version.

I hope this helps.

Bill

This sure is a grate web site, you can research stuff while you sleep! Thanks Bill, thats what I wanted to here. Got to go install my switch. Thanks again

Well I got the kill switch installed in the light. Haven't taken it for a ride yet but it starts right up and idle's just fine, die's when the switch is thrown and isn't to noticeable. Here are some pic's, this was a pretty easy project.

Attachments

• 100_0660.jpg
    100_0660.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 132
  • 100_0662.jpg
    100_0662.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 100_0663.jpg
    100_0663.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 100_0665.jpg
    100_0665.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_0667.jpg
    100_0667.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 100_0670.jpg
    100_0670.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_0673.jpg
    100_0673.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 135
Looks good man. Very clean. I dont have a light so I am going to have to find somewhere else to mount it.

What gauge wire is needed for that? I was thinking either 16 or 18? But i could be way off?

Crackers:

Very nice bike! Very good idea and nice job on the switch install. If you leave it off, someone will have a very hard time starting/stealing your bike. Excellent job there.

Bill

Thanks for the complements and help guy's. I used 16 gauge wire ty, I checked the factroy wire size with my wire stripers and 18 seamed to fit and strip without cutting the wire. Good luck finding a place to mount your switch on your bike, I couldn't fiqure out a good spot for it untill now, You can always throw a light on your bike if you don't come up with anything else, it's an option and water proof

Back