Tools needed

Rainstick99

Local time
9:52 AM
I was wondering if a tool set you buy on Amazon is sufficient for the installation of a pexmor 100cc gas engine onto a big wheel bicycle (mongoose Malus)? Or what tools am I going to need for the installation? (I need to buy all of them as I have none)

I'd recommend a gear wrench brand "mechanic's" set (or socket set), a set of open ended wrenches (metric and standard), a 12" adjustable wrench, a set of needle nose, adjustable and dike pliers, a "cone" wrench.
And a chain breaker for 415 chain.

If you have a harbour Freight, it's good too, but remember, you get what you pay for.

You won't need half the sockets, but if you have no tools right now, it's a great time to have them for around the house.

I was wondering if a tool set you buy on Amazon is sufficient for the installation of a pexmor 100cc gas engine onto a big wheel bicycle (mongoose Malus)? Or what tools am I going to need for the installation? (I need to buy all of them as I have none)
Post a link of this Amazon tool set

But yeah, you should get a metric socket set, wrenches and allen wrenches, also inch lb torque wrench
philips & flat head screwdrivers , pliers, channel lock pliers, adjustable wrench, air pump and tire levers
and don't forget the RFBH big fricken hammer jkn

As posted, open end and box wrenches, Allen wrench kit (not the tiny ones, but the longer ones in a kit), socket set, torque drivers and the other regular items mentioned. On the bike and engine kits, you really only need all of the above in metric. Save your money on SAE, nothing uses american fasteners anymore.

This set is decent and has just about everything you would want or need.
Looks like that would pretty much cover it. 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, are the ones most used but it is nice to have extras. Also hex wrenches are a must. Ones that fit a 1/4 drive are great. I use a 1/4 drive for most everything, saves on the stripping of the threads.

Had to change a fan controller on my 2002 Silverado. Most everything is metric but the little screws were 7/32. Nothing else would work, took several trips to the tool box to finally find the correct one.

Back