top end speed

Hi I have a 50 tooth sprocket on my 70cc motor I can go about 23 before the bike starts to vibrate to much to stand if i go to a 44 tooth sprocket how much faster will I be and will that help keep the vibration down at higher speeds. and how is that 44 tooth on hills im about 235 ib

are you still breaking in your engine? how many tanks of fuel have you used?

my most recent break in...I'm on my 7th tank of fuel. ( 3,5 gallons)
this engine is just now starting to run high rpms.

on a new engine....at 23 mph, the vibration you are feeling is prolly caused by.....the new engine is not ready to run that fast. take it easy for a few tanks of fuel. push it some...just don't push too hard. your engine will tell you when it's ready to run wide open. (Fast)
you will be able to feel (almost hear it) when the rings seat & it's ready to rev it up....move down the road.
my 55cc bike (broke in) will run a solid 28 mph with a 50 toothed sprocket. It will pull me from a standing start & climb hills like a goat. :LOL:

patience....break it in. they all seem to get stronger ,with time.

I would not trade the take-off power for any more top speed. imho

I have only used 1 gallon and 1/2 of gas and using synthatic oil 1:18 ratio with 87 gas. Its more the vibration that gets to me; anything else i can do to stop vibration that you know off.

can you power through the vibes ?
my chopper vibrated your hands off the bars at 22-24, but then it smoothed out

I believe the consensus was to break-in with dino oil, then switch to synth if you want
(the synth will take a lot longer to seat the rings)

Hi,
I have a 70cc Chinese joby with a highly moded carby and exhaust, uped compression and port timing and boost bottle running through a 44t rear sprocket. The pipe comes on at about 48Ks ( depending on terrain ) and rockets me up to 57.4 Kmph on the flat with no wind. Been reluctant to push it any more for obvious reasons. I generally cruise at between 40-45Ks and the motor seems to like it.

Old petrol heads never die they just loose their cubic cenimetres.

Okay Hawaii Ed, tell 'em how fast you go.:geek:

On the flats, downhill or with a tailwind, Ed has to wait for me to catch up.

I run 40mph on the flats with twin 43cc Mitsubishi engines and 330 pounds of man and machine.

I need higher gears because my engines are screaming.

well on my 80cc raw with 36 tooth sprocket and cns carb, boost i was able to get about 45mph top drafting behinde a big van. plus its all flat road.

33.2 swhinn speedo down hill no wind 80cc 44 tooth lots of miles lots of fun need 36 to keep rod from blowing though my leg but i try not to push it that hard

Back