Tossing around some ideas.

Honestly, the best option would be to sell off the Hawk and get a Honda navi.

110cc, scooter transmission, still do 50-55 mph, and brand new from the dealer (without any markups, and DO NOT PAY THOSE BASTARDS ANY) would be around 2400 or so with tax.

You could also look for a used motorcycle (Just stick to anything Japanese) for around 1800 you can find a older cruiser or a dual sport that will serve you well for a long period of time.
Not sure how a Honda Navi is going to be better than my 80mph modified Hawk....

Or better for me as a 6ft 4in. tall, 260lb man.

"Better" is always subjective. There are other, bigger, scooters out there I could get for less than the Navi made by Lifan, which I did also consider.

It's all kind of moot at this point as I am now working about 12 miles away from work again, and it's all highway.

I going to chime in, I'm new to this ebike game as of 8:32 this morning. But for $1100-$1300 you could buy the NB power 3000watt kit & that would include a 29ah 72 volt battery with LG 4800 or 21700 cells. If a guy goes to a Lower voltage batt, lower overall cost. This kit also includes the sabvoton programmable speed controller, via bluetooth of USB cable. It's a pretty awesome kit. Its offered in a 20" or 26" version as well.
Oh, I did look at those kits too. I looked at several ebike kits, and just bikes in general.

Oh, I did look at those kits too. I looked at several ebike kits, and just bikes in general.
The only thing that has scared me away on the BBSHD mid drive is all the recent problems they been having. Plus the flashing of firmware & all that fancy stuff. Here recently I've read where 3 guys flashed the newest firmware in, & then it bricked/blank boxed the controller. That stuff scares me. I'm used to flashing Caterpiller ecms & I'm aware of this brick/blank boxed stuff. It happens.

The only thing that has scared me away on the BBSHD mid drive is all the recent problems they been having. Plus the flashing of firmware & all that fancy stuff. Here recently I've read where 3 guys flashed the newest firmware in, & then it bricked/blank boxed the controller. That stuff scares me. I'm used to flashing Caterpiller ecms & I'm aware of this brick/blank boxed stuff. It happens.
I am not 100% sold on a mid drive either for several reasons. The main appeal is they tend to be smoother at low speed. Downside is more wear and tear on the bike as a whole over a hub drive. That and hub drive is just more efficient with no chain and sprockets to drive.

I am not 100% sold on a mid drive either for several reasons. The main appeal is they tend to be smoother at low speed. Downside is more wear and tear on the bike as a whole over a hub drive. That and hub drive is just more efficient with no chain and sprockets to drive.
Yeah 1 guy mentioned he goes thru 4 good/not cheap drive chains a year with his BBSHD mid-drive bike. I heard the mid-drives are kinda maintenance intensive. Impulse I know this more than you are wanting to spend, but check out the Onxy RCR ebike. That is 1 nice bike for the money. I wish I would have known about the Onxy RCR b4 i preordered my bike.

How tall is the seat in that hawk? I dont like riding a bike I can't touch the ground with both feet on
Stock, 35 inch seat height, but once in the saddle the suspension sags a couple inches or so. My bike, about 33 inches because of the different swing arm and shock I used. Lowering just the rear was intentional for chassis reasons, both handling and stability at speed. They are a bit sharp steering stock and it makes them a tiny bit touchy with the steering at higher speeds.

Stock, 35 inch seat height, but once in the saddle the suspension sags a couple inches or so. My bike, about 33 inches because of the different swing arm and shock I used. Lowering just the rear was intentional for chassis reasons, both handling and stability at speed. They are a bit sharp steering stock and it makes them a tiny bit touchy with the steering at higher speeds.
I don't think I would like riding that offroad. Ive ridden bikes I have to lean over to support with 1 leg and I hate it. My reflex is the perfect height for me to sit at a stop.

I don't think I would like riding that offroad. Ive ridden bikes I have to lean over to support with 1 leg and I hate it. My reflex is the perfect height for me to sit at a stop.
The only types of bikes my tall body fits comfortably on are full size dirt bikes and dual sports. Want a real jungle gym to climb on to check out the CRF1100 - aka the Africa Twin. That bike is enormous, even for me standards lol.

Back