Transporting Gas

Not legal but I barowed Cough cough stole a milk crate from behind a Dollar General and ziptied it to my handlebars and transfered my gas cans that way on my MB just wrap a rag around the spout so it don't bounce and splash in your eyes lol.

You guys are hard on a poor man's money with those suggestions. This one is $50 in Canada, not sure what it's worth in the US. It has the dimensions to fit in a back pack or can be locked to the handlebars or cross bar.

They sure are, especially when the OP has previously stated he does not have that kind of funding whatsoever at his disposal.
Must have missed all the times I said, "these are expensive" I guess...

Nothing is affordable any more. Even cheap 1 gallon gas cans around me are over 20 bucks. I provided results based on a description. Nothing more, nothing less.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
An idea that may not cost too much money. Search Marketplace or other for sale listings for a cheap or free bicycle trailer that you could DIY into a simple cargo trailer with other free off cuts of plywood or pvc. Then you can get a larger 2-3 gallon (or 5 gallon if you're ambitious) fuel can and simply tow it to and from the station. This also then gives you a handy trailer should you need a way to carry a bunch of stuff.

Just as an example of what I am talking about. There are 4 trailers just like this one around me for 20 bucks. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/807274588105732/

An idea that may not cost too much money. Search Marketplace or other for sale listings for a cheap or free bicycle trailer that you could DIY into a simple cargo trailer with other free off cuts of plywood or pvc. Then you can get a larger 2-3 gallon (or 5 gallon if you're ambitious) fuel can and simply tow it to and from the station. This also then gives you a handy trailer should you need a way to carry a bunch of stuff.

Just as an example of what I am talking about. There are 4 trailers just like this one around me for 20 bucks. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/807274588105732/
You could also do what I did. I attached a metal laundry basket to the side of my bike and used some plywood to reinforce it. I've had a 5 gallon gas tank in that basket.

I just have this terrible image in my head; for what ever reason, a 350 lbs man being thrown from his bike and landing on a container of flammable/explosive liquid strapped to his back. A safer way of transport needs to be used.

1000003168.jpg

Back