Travel Tools and Supply/Repairs- Show us your Road Kit

WHat tools do you carry on your everyday rides?

• Tools! I don't need no stinkin TOOLS!

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • A Pocket knife and Duct Tape, Baby...

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Universal Bike Tool

Votes: 32 20.6%
  • Flat Repair Kit

Votes: 32 20.6%
  • Pump or Tire inflator

Votes: 31 20.0%
  • Full Bicycle repair kit.

Votes: 86 55.5%

• Total voters
I've narrowed down my kit a whole lot. Basic tools including a high-quality crescent wrench, Air Pump, tube, zip ties, spare nuts and plug, spare KMC Z chain (works on either side), and a few other small items.

I keep them with some Wet-Wipes in a Nashbar Day-Trekker mini-panniers set over a cheap Wald steel rear rack.

NA-DTP2-K-ANGLE.jpg

For $29 they have Nashbar ATB pannier set, (bigger!) http://www.nashbar.com/bikes//Product_10053_10052_166967_-1___

My MB Tool kit

This is a shot of my Tool Kit. It consists of: A first aid kit,Tire repair kit,Pressure guage,Spare Spark Plug,2 plug wrenches, 2 metric open end wrenches, two motorcycle screwdrivers, tupperware container,tie wraps, set of metric allen wrenches,vise grips and copper plumbers tape. All of this goes into a cargo pack on my rear rack.

Attachments

• toolkit 004.JPG
    toolkit 004.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 590
an adjustable wrench. I really need to take some other tools because my pedal derailer often gets bound up with sticks and mud and gets bound up in spokes! one of these days its gonna leave me stranded..

Tool Bag

Sorry no picture attachments but I do have pictures of my tool bag thats on the front of my chopper. please go to photobucket and look under choppanyc. I will put another picture on with my new light and tools laid out.

Just posted new pics of my tool bag with tools on display. Must haves for these mean NYC streets, as far as the bike is concerned. photos on photobucket @ (choppanyc)

My tool bag is pretty basic. Not pictured is a mini pump and patch kit - the kit fits nicely in the bottom of my backpack. Decided to do a cobra stitch of 650 paracord using one 15ft length on each handle.. can you ever have too much paracord? :D

wpgQY.jpg

The goods:

aGXG1.jpg

Home made hex head socket :cool::

JUSPj.jpg

no tools here never been broke down-got 3,000miles on my engine!!

now that i got the 5x thicker tube for my tire i dont carry any tools. I have no need for em. My engine doesn't break down. unless its blown up. I have not once been left stranded do to mechanical issues..I love my friction. I get on it and just ride everytime. Unless my drivewheel needs changed i have no other parts that break!!! Now thats a nice tool setup-none at all!!

Friction 4 Life:cool:

I wish someone made a tool bag for motorbikes. The ' Brittish '
behind the seat bag is too small. Big ' Barrel ' bags are too long, and touch tire. MC handlebar tool bags are too long . I've got a behind the seat bag tied to my frame, A pair of cheap, new, still on the card, screwdrivers 10 mm end wrench, adj. wrench, allen wrenches, small vice grips, tape, plug, razor blade, zip ties.

First-aid kit, pump, repair kit (with spare length of chain), pliers, adjustable spanner, multi-tool, oil bottle (measured to mix with 2 litres of fuel). I also keep a few big zip-ties handy too. All this usually goes in my rucksack or satchel.

Picture 3.jpg

Back