Trying to figure this carb out, Dellorto SHA type, has adjustable fuel jet

If your Delorto SHA clone has an adjustable jet, it's one of a kind. Sounds more like your Delorto SHA clone has an adjustable fuel leak.

Nope I have one with a single fuel to air adjust and an idle screw

carburetors are not made to adjust the fuel intake other than changing the jets. you are harboring a big misconception.

Nope I have one with a single fuel to air adjust and an idle screw
I looked on the site you posted and this is unique to this carb as most sha clones don't have this option. That is what has everyone in disagreement with you. Yours obviously does. It's location on the carb makes me tend to agree with Vapourtrail and Jags earlier posts that it only effects the idle circuit and jetting would be required for adjustments above 1/4 throttle. Since none of us actually have one of these carbs we could all be full of s**t and it could vary well be fully adjustable. I honestly hope this is the case because a fully adjustable sha clone would be a cool option.

a clone is just a cheap copy. they don't include any new features and the original SHA is not fuel adjustable.
most normal carbs have a screw which adjusts the air intake into the idle circuit.

a clone is just a cheap copy. they don't include any new features and the original SHA is not fuel adjustable.
most normal carbs have a screw which adjusts the air intake into the idle circuit.
If you just go to the web site he refers to in post #7 you will see this is not the normal clones we are used to seeing, nor is it cheap by a long shot. I know where your coming from as I bought a sha 16 16 from dellorto direct which was even pricier that the one the OP is refering to, and none of their shas have any adjustments without jetting. This one is clearly different.

Huh, I was taught that an idle mixture adjusting screw located on the air filter side of the slide was an “air screw”, but if it’s on the intake manifold side of the slide it is a “fuel screw”. Go figure.....

Back