Twistshifter Makes Great Throttle & Cruise Control

D

DeadBleedRed

I was dissatisfied with the piece of crap twist throttle (additional $25 vs thumb) that came with my kit. I used my old SRAM 7 speed twistgrip shifter and ran it as my throttle. I originally planned to remove the spring that provides the "clicks" but found I liked it & that it provides a low tech cruise control holding the throttle steady. It's a good cheap mod-- let me know if anyone else has any luck with it.

DBR :twisted:

T

try1897

That sounds like a good trick. i'll try it for sure.It seems as though I'm always wanting to let go for a minute to do something and being right handed . But I'll let you know how it works out and how I like it . Thanks for the idea.........Tom in WV

Tom

Before my piece of crap twist shifter completely broke, it too had a "built in cruise control". All that means is that it wouldnt snap back when i opened it all the way, so it would stay wide open without me even holding it like that. I could ride up the street with no hands. That is when I would really get the looks.

S

sideshowsideswipe

Yeah the twist throttle that came with my kit (from thatsdax.com) stays open and you could ride with no hands if you were crazy like Tom.

A

andrewflores17

awsome idea will have to go dismantle one of my junker bikes
i ride my bike with no hands down the bike trail havent crashed yet :shock: