Type A Type B

if you find no marks on top or skirt of piston, check to see if compression seems higher than normal

if the stroke is 40mm, then usually an extra gasket is used at cylinder base, but as a test, you could try a 2nd head gasket

Bumping this thread. Bike is nowhere near as fast as my last one. Somethings wrong. Tried 2nd gasket. Notta.

Are the rings universal cuz I ordered some on EBay. I broke my originals trying to seat it. Maybe I have the wrong rings on there????

with no compression test, it could be many things - old cylinder too worn for new rings to seat well, gouged cylinder from when rings broke - old cylinder had diff port mapping from the original

The roller bearings for the wrist pin are standard, the same for both A and B pistons.

This photo begs to differ. I swapped out the smaller roller with the wider one. I’m gonna go see if this eliminates that noise....

The piston is scored btw. It looks like I got a bad cast from the factory.

Oh I attached a photo of my chipped jug. It’s junk now though -scored up.

Attachments

• A530A49D-3626-46FC-9536-2C9A9D8B63DC.jpeg
    A530A49D-3626-46FC-9536-2C9A9D8B63DC.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
This photo begs to differ. I swapped out the smaller roller with the wider one. I’m gonna go see if this eliminates that noise....

The piston is scored btw. It looks like I got a bad cast from the factory.
Both are used in our engines the long one you used is the preferred one to reduce walk and keep the rollers positioned in the rod better.

Both are used in our engines the long one you used is the preferred one to reduce walk and keep the rollers positioned in the rod better.

Here

Attachments

• B7784F82-67F0-46C1-9E99-EEC4F9820110.jpeg
    B7784F82-67F0-46C1-9E99-EEC4F9820110.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 130
there are threads here from years ago about spacing those short bearings, but I'd rather just use longer ones

Back