Valve spring question

nickaloadien

Local time
7:13 AM
Quick question: I have a 208cc powerfist small engine I changed out the stock valve springs and installed 18 pound springs. The thing is, one of the springs went on nicely, snapped in and is compressed. The other spring isn’t compressed at all with the retainer snapped on. it’s loose and has a bit of play. Is this okay? Do I need a bigger valve?

Quick question: I have a 208cc powerfist small engine I changed out the stock valve springs and installed 18 pound springs. The thing is, one of the springs went on nicely, snapped in and is compressed. The other spring isn’t compressed at all with the retainer snapped on. it’s loose and has a bit of play. Is this okay? Do I need a bigger valve?
Are the springs the same length as the old springs? And if so did you have this problem before?

The exhaust spring should have a cap on top after the keeper.

The exhaust valve should have a exhaust valve seal like this. It goes on then the spring sets on top of it. Then your valve spring retainer & keepers go on.
Screenshot_20230324-195036_Chrome.jpg

Back