Ventura CA really cracking down on MBs.

ive filled out all i can with the exception of my engine # and my vehicle id # cuz idk what that is and for make do i just put Greenline?
Put Greenline and the number on your bicycles bottom bracket for the
Vehicle ID #

oh sick thanks and then next to make it says license plate...is that like what i want it to say?

oh sick thanks and then next to make it says license plate...is that like what i want it to say?
I am not looking at the form
but you only have to fill out certain parts of the form for a new plate

The form is also used for replacement plates and transfers

You don't get any choice on the plates #
See the pic below
i don't think you can get a vanity plate LOL
They are up to C43,000 now

Attachments

• permanent plate mandatory motorized bicycles.gif
    permanent plate mandatory motorized bicycles.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
I am not looking at the form
but you only have to fill out certain parts of the form for a new plate

The form is also used for replacement plates and transfers

You don't get any choice on the plates #
See the pic below

thanks for all the help, just understood it, and now i wait for my engine and submit! are you in the area of Ventura?

As a Venturan, born and raised, that has since moved away and currently resides in San Diego, I can tell you that this is nothing to worry about. This kind of thing is always happening there and they crack down in a small town kind of way to keep it under control. The same thing happens with jet skis in the harbor every season. Downtown Ventura is full of pedestrians, shops, crowded streets, angled parking, etc. Anyone who goes ripping through there on any kind of transportation too fast and putting themselves and others in danger deserves a ticket. It's all about respect. I ride my motorized bike all the time on Highway 1 (PCH) in the bike lane with the police right next to me and we pay each other no mind. There are all kinds of people loading surfboards in and out of their cars, jogging the wrong way in the bike lane so they can run right by the beach, etc. It could not be a more dangerous bike lane to ride in on a MBC. Since I really go out of my way to respect the other people there by waiting to pass regular bikes and pedestrians out on the road instead of in the bike lane, etc., everyone is cool with it. It's what a person needs to do in order to ride safely in those conditions. All I have on my bike is a headlight, tail light, and reflectors, as far as safety stuff goes. I'm sure there are a few people who don't like it. This state is full of tree hugging, SUV hating, idiots anyway. Ride with common sense and respect and the cops will leave you alone. Make it their business by being a menace to society and they will make an example out of you. I’m not sure because I ride a Tanaka 40cc Purefire, but I think all of those Chinese two strokes like the one seen in the picture in front of the thrift shop in the article, are illegal in California. In 2010 you have to buy an engine like the Tanaka which is CARB (California Air Resources Board) phase 2 compliant. Most of the two stroke outboard boat engine manufacturers went four stroke in 2010 in CA because they could not get the two strokes to pass. If the police were really cracking down they would have impounded the bikes for illegal engines, no registration, lights and turn signals including brake lights, etc. Instead they cited 10 people who were probably behaving like idiots for excessive speed. What this says to me is that if you behave yourself and don’t speed they will leave you alone since they are not out looking for improperly equipped bikes to impound.

Last edited:
Ventura County California

I just purchased a new MB 66CC from treasure chest in Ventura and they are telling me MB's are legal as long as you wear a DOT approved helmet and obey trafiic laws and do not ride on bike paths, bike lanes are ok. You don't need a moto licence amd a 2 stroke CC - 66 is legal in California. O look at the DMC website and it is confusing. I want to comply with the law. Any users out there know the answers to my questions? I would aprreciate it if you shared youre experiences.

Wow there's more ventura motorized bike people than I thought... Anyway in ventura here's some input into unregistered motorized stuff in general (this is with gopeds which I have a lot of experience with, owner of 8) You need to be 16 or over with at least a permit, wear a dot approved helmet, follow all traffic laws, stay on bike lanes (no sidewalks) and be quieter than a certain amount of decibels, that no lawn mower could even be.

I just purchased a new MB 66CC from treasure chest in Ventura and they are telling me MB's are legal as long as you wear a DOT approved helmet and obey trafiic laws and do not ride on bike paths, bike lanes are ok. You don't need a moto licence amd a 2 stroke CC - 66 is legal in California. O look at the DMC website and it is confusing. I want to comply with the law. Any users out there know the answers to my questions? I would aprreciate it if you shared youre experiences.
You need an M1 or M2 on your C class license in CA

You also need to get the $19 license plate.

Download the form from the DMV website and mail it in.
CA codes say nothing about cc's of the motor, just 2 hp or less.

Hi Jim
DOT helmet
M2 endorsement but you might as well get an M1
License plate
Left side mirror
All you had to do was read the thread as the answers were all there.

Last edited:
Back