Ventura CA really cracking down on MBs.

I agree 100% with the two of you. Unfortunately, politicians and knee-jerk reactions tend to go hand-in-hand. And, when idiots put on public displays like the one that I witnessed, or, as in the case in Ventura, when an auto driver plows into someone on a MB (even IF the MB rider was obeying the law,) the knee-jerk reaction is to limit anyone from riding them...

The article above also states that the bike rider was injured because he wasn't wearing a helmet and because of the excessive speed of the motored bike. In actuality, he was injured because of the car driver. Really, no one knows if he would not have been seriously injured had he been wearing a helmet. The odds are that it contributed. Same with the speed. And, folks on bikes can go pretty quickly, too. (Just not as long.)

However, it certainly takes more time and training to be able to sustain high speeds without a motor, and the time spent peddling should tend to make someone who can sustain high speeds by peddling a better rider (technically) than someone who slaps a motor on a bike and takes off. It says nothing for their judgment - just the ability to know how to react in an emergency...

What irritates me about the spandex crowd is their contempt of stoplights and stop signs. They rarely stop at intersections - they blow through the lights and stop signs whenever possible. There's no valid excuse for a bike rider to do that. And, there's even LESS excuse for a motored bike rider.

Last edited:
you are correct Scotchmo
I went out and got my Calif registration so as to take a look
30 mph top speed

but it is not called a moped it is called out to be a motorized bicycle

as we love to ride those things

As far as the California vehicle code is concerned, a gas powered motorized bicycle is a moped.

don't think so

As far as the California vehicle code is concerned, a gas powered motorized bicycle is a moped.

don't think so
apparently you do not have your Calif registration papers handy

the word moped is nowhere to be found on said document

it is called a motorized bicycle

note -- a moped may have more than 2 hp at times
thus making it -- not -- a motorized bicycle

ride that thing

I rode road bicycles and I understand your frustration, Loquin. I have california rolled some signs so I didn't have to unclip, and so I didn't get hit by impatient cars, but if they let me, I stop or trackstand for the 2 seconds, and I'm on my way.

On the MB, I always stop fully unless, like I said, the car will hit me. I don't care if they honk or flip the bird: they should be glad I stop instead of running the light which so many drivers cuss about.

don't think so
apparently you do not have your Calif registration papers handy

the word moped is nowhere to be found on said document

it is called a motorized bicycle

note -- a moped may have more than 2 hp at times
thus making it -- not -- a motorized bicycle

ride that thing
I said vehicle code.

406. (a) A "motorized bicycle" or "moped" is any two-wheeled or three-wheeled device having fully operative pedals for propulsion by human power, or having no pedals if powered solely by electrical energy, and an automatic transmission and a motor which produces less than 2 gross brake horsepower and is capable of propelling the device at a maximum speed of not more than 30 miles per hour on level ground.

If it has more than 2hp, it no longer meets the California definition of a moped or a motorized bicycle. And I'll repeat; As far as the California vehicle code is concerned, a gas powered motorized bicycle is a moped.

summary

so i have been scrambling all over the dmv website and this is what i got...please tell me what i missed/ got wrong.

I need to have the license plate
and wear a helmet
have a front white light and rear red light
reflecters on my wheels
and do i need a m2 license or anything or is a class c good?

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim
DOT helmet
M2 endorsement but you might as well get an M1
License plate
Left side mirror

so i have been scrambling all over the dmv website and this is what i got...please tell me what i missed/ got wrong.

I need to have the license plate
and wear a helmet
have a front white light and rear red light
reflecters on my wheels
and do i need a m2 license or anything or is a class c good?

Thanks,
Jim

Thanks

Thanks so much, that was giving me such a headache, do you know how much it is for the plate now? i filled out the form but dont know how much of a check to send in

$19
takes about 6 to 8 weeks so I hear.
The DMV doesn't update their website and leaves old info in place
so they seem to accept whatever you send in.

how did you fill out the form if you don't have your engine yet?
Your 49 cc HuaSheng has an engine # unlike the Chinese 2 strokes

ive filled out all i can with the exception of my engine # and my vehicle id # cuz idk what that is and for make do i just put Greenline?

Back