Vibration kit

I have developed a kit for the happy times bike engines. it consists of sorbothane squares and replacement frame mounting studs. I promise you that sorbothane is the most advanced vibration damping material out there. any homebuilt jig will not work as well as this. I have this kit on my HT bike and the vibration is almost gone at wide open throttle. it is truly amazing. I want to sell these kits for 40 dollars but I would like to extend a deal to this forum for testing. i am asking
15 dollars shipped USA 20 dollars overseas, and a review by you on this forum.

Attachments

• SUNP0167.jpg
    SUNP0167.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 288
Local time
12:33 PM
Not quite getting it

Hi,

I used rubber to insulate my motor, and was barely able to add one a 1/8" thick piece between the frame and the clamps. Yours looks much thicker. How did you mount this to your frame? Did you have to use custom clamps? - or??

Pic's of it installed on your bike would be a much more lucrative selling idea.

Thanks,

Troy Fitz.

Attachments

• 100_2074.jpg
    100_2074.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 100_2063.jpg
    100_2063.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 244
M

motoschwinn

Hi,

I used rubber to insulate my motor, and was barely able to add one a 1/8" thick piece between the frame and the clamps. Yours looks much thicker. How did you mount this to your frame? Did you have to use custom clamps? - or??

Pic's of it installed on your bike would be a much more lucrative selling idea.

Thanks,

Troy Fitz.

I agree 100% Troy, the photos he has supplied really don't give a person much of a idea of what he has. Send some pics with it installed. If it would reduce the vibrations by 50% I'd buy the kit.

Pablo

Vendor
Local time
11:33 AM
Holy fuzzy picture.

I'm assuming the twigs in the pic are studs.....where do the squares go?

Bikeuser

Local time
The studs are longer to accommodate the sorbothane pads. please see picture.

Attachments

• bikesorbothane.jpg
    bikesorbothane.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 264

srdavo

Local time
1:33 PM
It's not the stud length...the diameter of a lot of bike tubing does not allow for any extra rubber. On my old Schwinns, I use a wrap (or two) of old innertube when I can...tends to last as long as the chinese engine.(heh)...... & 6mm studs are cheap, at the parts store.

fatboy67

Local time
6:03 AM
Mine was a more of a one of thing. I know what every one means when you say it's hard to fit rubber in-between the old mounts. I made some new mounts that fit my frame but may not fit someone else's. The front mount I had to grind out the motor casing and drill and tap new 8mm holes through the frame. I did this because the frame didn't have much room and I needed the motor to sit as low as possible. The mounts are all stainless the rubber is 6mm very strong it's meant to be acid resistant.

Attachments

• Picture 121.jpg
    Picture 121.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 217
  • Picture 123.jpg
    Picture 123.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 214
  • Picture 124.jpg
    Picture 124.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 205
  • Picture 122.jpg
    Picture 122.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 234
Last edited by a moderator:

Bikeuser

Local time
thats a very nice setup.

I imagine that a softer rubber might make things even better

fatboy67

Local time
6:03 AM
thats a very nice setup.

I imagine that a softer rubber might make things even better

I'll have to wait and see. I swapped every thing over to a different bike, whilst doing this I thought about making different mounts. All I have to do is put the chain , tank, and exhaust back on. You may have noticed that on the front mount the bolts are off set. This is so I can get the exhaust on. The exhaust fits well after some heat. I just haven't had time to put it all back together. Kids wife. I think I have to makeout that I,m working on Saturday and take it to a mates house. My wife works part time, and lately thats been on weekends, and when she works during the week it's in the afternoon till late. Man I have to win the lotto, But i suppose every one has the same problem Not just me. Haha