What are the best spoke wheels on the market?

26 inch, double wall preferably, material doesn't matter as long as it holds up to a motor, and yes on rim brakes.
Just about any bike shop will build you a set for not too much. My bike shop will do it for $55 plus the cost of anything you don't supply yourself. If I had spokes, rims and hubs it would only be $110 for the set. I want to have them build a beefy rear wheel for me but safety equipment comes first.

Just about any bike shop will build you a set for not too much. My bike shop will do it for $55 plus the cost of anything you don't supply yourself. If I had spokes, rims and hubs it would only be $110 for the set. I want to have them build a beefy rear wheel for me but safety equipment comes first.
While that labor charge seems very reasonable, by the time you buy a good hub, decent heavy rims, spokes and nipples :)) you will easily be at the $160 Worksman wheels. I will post pictures of mine when I get them next month

While that labor charge seems very reasonable, by the time you buy a good hub, decent heavy rims, spokes and nipples :)) you will easily be at the $160 Worksman wheels. I will post pictures of mine when I get them next month
I was considering those. I'm not sure yet. It's also going to be at least a couple of months before I can get some.

If I was into speed I would look for a moped or dirt bike rim. Heavy spokes and Sturmey Archer hubs.

A 19" dirt bike rim is almost a match to 26" bicycle rims.

Safety before stupidity.

If I was into speed I would look for a moped or dirt bike rim. Heavy spokes and Sturmey Archer hubs.

A 19" dirt bike rim is almost a match to 26" bicycle rims.

Safety before stupidity.
I've got the wheels for my ct90 I can size up, I still want to have pedals though, so I'm not sure dirt bike wheels are the best option for me.

I've got the wheels for my ct90 I can size up, I still want to have pedals though, so I'm not sure dirt bike wheels are the best option for me.
Moped wheels will have an advantage over dirt bikes wheels in the second sprocket on the rear.

If you weld a plate for pillow blocks you can put a jackshaft to transfer pedal power to the left side. There are freewheel to 5/8 shaft adapters letting you use any single speed free wheel.

If you weld a plate for pillow blocks you can put a jackshaft to transfer pedal power to the left side. There are freewheel to 5/8 shaft adapters letting you use any single speed free wheel.
Is Staton the only company to make that 5/8" to bicycle freewheel adapter? It is the only company I can seem to find it thru. Thanks

Back