what is a good brand four stroke motor?

Lot of after market for it also

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220503-223037.png
    Screenshot_20220503-223037.png
    168.8 KB · Views: 98
That will add 37lbs to your bike, plus you'll need a set of extra wide cranks.
Oh not too worried about weight. That bike and motor, and large gas tank filled, saddle bag full of tools, rack on back usually loaded with more stuff, lights, horn, was about 85lbs. Then tack ME on top of it, wowza. And even those chinese motors do the job just fine. My whopping 22mph top speed is more than fine with me. And I already have the extra wide cranks. Did that when I upgraded to the 4 stroke.

I'm thinking that harbor freight motor is cheap enough, I might just give that a try. The honda is some serious money.
I haven't mentioned this but I have another bike that still is two stroke and I can't get that started either. (I THINK that might be electrical so will tinker with that more soon.)

Oh not too worried about weight. That bike and motor, and large gas tank filled, saddle bag full of tools, rack on back usually loaded with more stuff, lights, horn, was about 85lbs. Then tack ME on top of it, wowza. And even those chinese motors do the job just fine. My whopping 22mph top speed is more than fine with me. And I already have the extra wide cranks. Did that when I upgraded to the 4 stroke.

I'm thinking that harbor freight motor is cheap enough, I might just give that a try. The honda is some serious money.
I haven't mentioned this but I have another bike that still is two stroke and I can't get that started either. (I THINK that might be electrical so will tinker with that more soon.)
The little Predator 79cc works well as mentioned post #7. I have a similar engine on a mini chopper with a TAV, little bike hauls for only having 12" wheels.

The little Predator 79cc works well as mentioned post #7. I have a similar engine on a mini chopper with a TAV, little bike hauls for only having 12" wheels.
Ok, I think that's gonna be my pick. Can't beat the price.

So last questions..... attaching it to MY bike with MY exhaust, my chain, etc.... Is this gonna be as simple as removing my motor and installing this one? Or what should I expect to also have to replace?
Mainly thinking about how it attaches to the drive chain. Clutch, gears etc. Not sure what size stuff my motor has or even what specks to look for.

The Huasheng 49/53cc motors are copies of the GXH Honda 50cc motors. The Honda GX50 motor is a weed whacker type motor, it can be operated in any position.
Biggest problem right now is I can't figure out WHERE to even buy one. Google searches purely suck, even with the engine number in quotes it's still pulling up every blasted motor made. Useless.
Also... found a youtube video on it and in the comments someone asks if another version will be out soon NOT requiring a fuel/oil mix. I actually watched it twice, and it IS a 4 stroke so not sure what that person is talking about. Do any 4 strokes need fuel oil mixes? One of the advantages I thought was not having to do that.

It also only mentioned 3 HP. That preditor one from harbor freight is 6.

Might you have a site in mind who actually sells what your suggesting? I'll take another look. Only got a few days though, the preditor is on sale but only till the 8th.

Biggest problem right now is I can't figure out WHERE to even buy one. Google searches purely suck, even with the engine number in quotes it's still pulling up every blasted motor made. Useless.
Also... found a youtube video on it and in the comments someone asks if another version will be out soon NOT requiring a fuel/oil mix. I actually watched it twice, and it IS a 4 stroke so not sure what that person is talking about. Do any 4 strokes need fuel oil mixes? One of the advantages I thought was not having to do that.

It also only mentioned 3 HP. That preditor one from harbor freight is 6.

Might you have a site in mind who actually sells what your suggesting? I'll take another look. Only got a few days though, the preditor is on sale but only till the 8th.
The person didn't know what they were talking about.

Back